Question about Editin Plugin

GOERKE Sebastian

Hi all,

I am very happy so say, that QWC2 fits 100 % for our requirements developing a WebGIS for a research project. After successful deployment I will share the link with the list aswell.

Currently we are thinking about the Editing Plugin(?)/ Interface.

As far as I understood, the built-in implementation uses the QGIS Server WFS. Is that correct? Or do we have to implement something on our own here?

What we did was configuring all the things mentioned within the documentation (activation the Plugin, edit themesConfig, adding editConfig) for our specific layer. QWC2 frontend stays saying that there is no layer for editing. Are we missing something here?

Best Regards

Sebastian

Sebastian GOERKE

Consultant

Sopra Steria Consulting

Sopra Steria AG
Barcelona-Allee 1
51103 Köln - Deutschland
Phone: +49 221 92404-8958 - Mobile: +49151 40625945
[hidden email] - www.soprasteria.de

Before printing, think about the environment.
The content of this message may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and remove it from your system. While attachments to this e-mail are checked for viruses, we do not accept any liability for any damage sustained by viruses.

Sopra Steria Consulting is the trading name of:
Sopra Steria AG - Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Vincent Paris - Vorstand: Urs Michael Krämer - Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg - HR B 148540 Amtsgericht Hamburg - USt-ID-Nr.: DE118671351

Re: Question about Editin Plugin

Sandro Mani

Hi Sebastian

There is no out-of-the box implementation for editing, you need to implement the EditingInterface [1] to talk to whatever service you want to use to handle the editing operations server side.

As far as the message about no editable layers is concerned, it looks like your edit config is not getting picked up. Make sure the editConfig is correctly specified in the themesConfig.json and the themes.json regenerated. If you run  the vanilla qwc2-demo-app you should already get a setup where this works, at least to the degree that it talks to the dummy EditingInterface.js.

Hope this helps
Sandro

[1] https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/blob/master/js/EditingInterface.js

On 29.03.2018 10:07, GOERKE Sebastian wrote:

[...]

Hi Sandro,

yes, this helps. We have to implement the EditingInterface then.

I think, why the frontend is saying, the layer is not editable belongs to some naming things. I will investigate these. The editing part is contained within the generated themes.json.

Another issue is, that since I updated the qwc2 folder to the current master, the layer-menue and other ones have a transparent background (see screenshot). What would best starting point to figure out, where that behavior has to be changed?

Best Regards and thank you very much for your help

transparency.PNG (941K) Download Attachment

Re: Question about Editin Plugin

Sandro Mani

Hi Sebastian

The entries in the styleConfig.js [1] changed a bit, probably easiest to just use the one from the current qwc2-demo-app.

When updating the qwc2 submodule, remember to scan though the ChangeLog.md [2] to see whether you need to perform any changes to you application as well.

Best
Sandro

[1] https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/blob/master/styleConfig.js
[2] https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

On 29.03.2018 10:33, GOERKE Sebastian wrote:

[...]

I have to pick up the issue with the editConfig again. Attached you can find my generated themes.json file. The application states there are no editable layers. I have changed nothing else with the editing interface etc.

Do you have any further idea what to look up for? What I have seen is, that within the WFS the FeatureTypeName seems to be created by the LayerTitle (and so differs from the LayerName in the WMS). Could that be an issue?

Best Regards

Sebastian Goerke

themes.json (9K) Download Attachment

Re: Question about Editin Plugin

Sandro Mani

Hi Sebastian

Your themes.json works here (resp I can see "Natur in der Stadt" as editable layer).

Are you sure the themes.json the client is reading contains the editConfig?

The matching between the layer names in the editConfig and the actual WMS names is only important to ensure the WMS layers are correctly refreshed after edit changes are committed. The "No editable layers found" message really only appears when the editConfig is empty.

Best
Sandro

On 25.04.2018 10:29, GOERKE Sebastian wrote:

[...]

thank you for your fast response.

I have attached the complete configuration for the web-app and a screenshot. Maybe I am missing something here. Thank you very much for your help. I am not getting, what goes wrong.

[...]

editConfig.json (1K) Download Attachment
themes.json (9K) Download Attachment
themesConfig.json (3K) Download Attachment
editing.PNG (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Question about Editin Plugin

Sandro Mani

Hi Sebastian

Does localhost:8081/themes.json match the themes.json you are expecting, resp. does it contain the editConfig? Did you clear the browser cache?

Best
Sandro

On 26.04.2018 11:14, GOERKE Sebastian wrote:

[...]

I have attached the output from localhost:8081/themes.json. I used Notepad++ to compare the two files and they are equal. I requested the app via private mode window, so browser cache should be no issue here.

To give you a complete view on the configuration I´ve attached appConfig.js and config.json aswell. As far as I understand, it is only a configuration issue and has nothing to do with die editingInterface or other files, right?

cid:image002.png@01D3DD51.986C7310 cid:image003.png@01D3DD51.986C7310 cid:image004.png@01D3DD51.986C7310 cid:image005.png@01D3DD51.986C7310 cid:image006.png@01D3DD51.986C7310

[...]

themes_browser.json (9K) Download Attachment
appConfig.js (6K) Download Attachment
config.json (8K) Download Attachment

appConfig.zip (1K) Download Attachment

Question about Editin Plugin

GOERKE Sebastian

Hi Sandro,

I have attached the output from localhost:8081/themes.json. I used Notepad++ to compare the two files and they are equal. I requested the app via private mode window, so browser cache should be no issue here.

As far as I understand, it is only a configuration issue and has nothing to do with die editingInterface or other files, right? As the documentation does only say “activate editing in appConfig and config”, has the default of the qwc2-demo-app editing activated?

[...]

Yes the default qwc2-demo-app has editing enabled (with the dummy EditingInterface).

If you zip and send me your entire qwc2-app folder I can have a look.

Best
Sandro