Questing about PAL modifications

jmd

Questing about PAL modifications

jmd
Hello,

I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.

From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
mhugent (Marco Hugentobler)
jef (Juergen E. Fischer)
wonder (Martin Dobias)
Larry Shaffer
Matthias Kuhn
yellow-sky

If I'm missing something or someone, please let me know!

Best regards,
Hannes

[1] http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Bug-in-PAL-labelling-over-the-dateline-td4109782.html#a4109795
[2] http://city.informatik.uni-bremen.de:82/hannes/qgis-pal/commits/master

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

Matthias Kuhn
Hi,

If there's anything you can use from my commits to the PAL library,
please feel free to use it under LGPL and beerware terms :-)

Cheers,
Matthias

On Wed 21 May 2014 02:29:13 PM CEST, jmd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements
> and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the
> library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask
> for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.
>
>  From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
> mhugent (Marco Hugentobler)
> jef (Juergen E. Fischer)
> wonder (Martin Dobias)
> Larry Shaffer
> Matthias Kuhn
> yellow-sky
>

> If I'm missing something or someone, please let me know!
>

> Best regards,
> Hannes
>

> [1]
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Bug-in-PAL-labelling-over-the-dateline-td4109782.html#a4109795
> [2] http://city.informatik.uni-bremen.de:82/hannes/qgis-pal/commits/master

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Hannes,

On Wed, 21. May 2014 at 05:29:13 -0700, jmd wrote:
> I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements
> and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the
> library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask
> for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.

> >From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
> jef (Juergen E. Fischer)

If you can find any - feel free to use any pal improvements and fixes I did
under LGPL.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

Martin Dobias
On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM, jmd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements
> and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the
> library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask
> for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.
>
> From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
> mhugent (Marco Hugentobler)
> jef (Juergen E. Fischer)
> wonder (Martin Dobias)

Feel free to use my contributions under the terms of LGPL.

Regards
Martin

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

Larry_S
Hi Hannes,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM, jmd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements
and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the
library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask
for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.

From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
mhugent (Marco Hugentobler)
jef (Juergen E. Fischer)
wonder (Martin Dobias)
Larry Shaffer

My contributions to the PAL library in QGIS may be used under the terms of LGPL.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota

Matthias Kuhn
yellow-sky

If I'm missing something or someone, please let me know!

Best regards,
Hannes

[1]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Bug-in-PAL-labelling-over-the-dateline-td4109782.html#a4109795
[2] http://city.informatik.uni-bremen.de:82/hannes/qgis-pal/commits/master

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

Marco Hugentobler-4
Ok to use my changes under LGPL.

Marco

On 21.05.2014 14:29, jmd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started to port the PAL library to Java. I found that a few improvements
> and fixes were made to the source within QGIS but werent backported to the
> library[1]. As the original library is available under LGPL I wanted to ask
> for your permission to make your modifications available under LGPL as well.
>
>  From the gitlog[2] I found that contributions were made by:
> mhugent (Marco Hugentobler)
> jef (Juergen E. Fischer)
> wonder (Martin Dobias)
> Larry Shaffer
> Matthias Kuhn
> yellow-sky
>

> If I'm missing something or someone, please let me know!
>

> Best regards,
> Hannes
>

> [1]
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Bug-in-PAL-labelling-over-the-dateline-td4109782.html#a4109795
> [2] http://city.informatik.uni-bremen.de:82/hannes/qgis-pal/commits/master

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
[hidden email] http://www.sourcepole.ch

jmd

Re: Questing about PAL modifications

jmd
Thank you very much everyone for the quick response!

Best regards,
Hannes