Query and Map reload

Eduardo Zenaide
hi, all,

someone could give me an example of an MapServer application that is possible to do queries (using text inputs) and the map reload based only on this query?

i mean the link, or course ;)

thanks :)

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: Query and Map reload

Eduardo Zenaide
like search options here:

http://waedenswil.mapserver.ch/stadtplan.htm

I'm not sure I follow what your after, can you expand?

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: Query and Map reload

Eduardo Zenaide
Steve,

to be more especific, i'm using javascript to do queries. so i'm trying to convert on variables some mapserver parameters to build the map based on the query.
so far i have these:

    var layer = document.pesquisa.layersList.value; //html comboBox to select layer
    var item = document.pesquisa.busca.value; //html input value
    var operador = document.pesquisa.operadores.value; //another comboBox for operators

and now the big problem. the next variable is based on html inputs i generate through $gpoMap->extent->minx, for example. but it will return the last map extension, not the one based on the query.

    var minx = "minx=" + window.opener.document.myform.var_minx.value + "&";

so, what i want is how to know the extension (minx, miny...) from the query. how to know the extension the query will return before the user submit?

thanks

--
Eduardo Zenaide