Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

kimaidou
Hi devs,

I have a projet with many layers (about 100). When I open it under QGIS 2.2, I can save it and then close QGIS quite quicky (about 2 or 3 seconds)
When I do so with today QGIS master, it takes 5 minutes to save, then 5 more minutes to close QGIS !

I tried with --noplugins option, with rendering turned off, and with no layer checked in the legend.

Is it a known projet ? You can hardly see it with an average project, but it is very noticeable when you have more than 20 or 30 layers/

Regards
Michael

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Giovanni Manghi-2
> Hi devs,
>
> I have a projet with many layers (about 100). When I open it under QGIS
> 2.2, I can save it and then close QGIS quite quicky (about 2 or 3 seconds)
> When I do so with today QGIS master, it takes 5 minutes to save, then 5
> more minutes to close QGIS !

I also noticed it and about to write a ticket,
indeed a serious issue.

cheers!

-- g --

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

kimaidou
Hi Giovanni,

Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is a nasty one.

Thanks
Michael

> Hi devs,
>
> I have a projet with many layers (about 100). When I open it under QGIS
> 2.2, I can save it and then close QGIS quite quicky (about 2 or 3 seconds)
> When I do so with today QGIS master, it takes 5 minutes to save, then 5
> more minutes to close QGIS !

I also noticed it and about to write a ticket,
indeed a serious issue.

cheers!

-- g --

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Henrik Uggla
I think #10379 is related (read the last updates).

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Giovanni Manghi-2
Hi Micheal

> Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is
> a nasty one.

I didn't filed one yet, I'm trying to understand at what point the
issue arises when adding layers.

Cheers!

--
Giovanni Manghi
Faunalia.pt

Web: http://www.faunalia.pt
Email & Jabber: [hidden email]
PGP Key available
Tel. + 351 96 7058216

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Martin Dobias
Hi

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Micheal
>
>> Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is
>> a nasty one.
>

> I didn't filed one yet, I'm trying to understand at what point the
> issue arises when adding layers.

I have tried to create a project with ~120 layers from postgis and
both saving project and closing QGIS are quick. Tested on linux/64bit.
Maybe there is something specific to your project?

Martin

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

3nids
I have a project with ~100 layers and did not noticed such behavior.
Both on Ubuntu and Windows.

Cheers,

Denis

On 20.06.2014 13:45, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Giovanni Manghi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Micheal
>>
>>> Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is
>>> a nasty one.
>>
>> I didn't filed one yet, I'm trying to understand at what point the
>> issue arises when adding layers.
> I have tried to create a project with ~120 layers from postgis and
> both saving project and closing QGIS are quick. Tested on linux/64bit.
> Maybe there is something specific to your project?
>
> Martin

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

kimaidou
Hi,

Thans for you help, I will try to setup the problematic project and publish it somewhere whenever I find the time.

Michael

I have a project with ~100 layers and did not noticed such behavior.
Both on Ubuntu and Windows.

Cheers,

Denis

On 20.06.2014 13:45, Martin Dobias wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Micheal

Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is
a nasty one.

I didn't filed one yet, I'm trying to understand at what point the
issue arises when adding layers.
I have tried to create a project with ~120 layers from postgis and
both saving project and closing QGIS are quick. Tested on linux/64bit.
Maybe there is something specific to your project?

Martin

Re: Qgis master very slow saving project & closing with several layers

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM, kimaidou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thans for you help, I will try to setup the problematic project and publish it somewhere whenever I find the time.

Also try disabling all plugins to see if it is perhaps a plugin listening for remove layer events that is causing the slow down.

Regards

Tim

Michael

I have a project with ~100 layers and did not noticed such behavior.
Both on Ubuntu and Windows.

Cheers,

Denis

On 20.06.2014 13:45, Martin Dobias wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Micheal

Could you give us the link to the issue on the hub ? I really think this is
a nasty one.

I didn't filed one yet, I'm trying to understand at what point the
issue arises when adding layers.
I have tried to create a project with ~120 layers from postgis and
both saving project and closing QGIS are quick. Tested on linux/64bit.
Maybe there is something specific to your project?

Martin

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net