Qgis crashes attempting to load existing project files (r7992)

Qgis crashes attempting to load existing project files (r7992)

Carlos Dávila
I have just built qgis from trunk (r7992) and now it crashes if I try to
open projects saved with 0.9.1, yesterday's trunk and already installed.
No problem creating and saving new projects, but cannot open them.
Regards
Carlos

Re: Qgis crashes attempting to load existing project files (r7992)

Carlos Dávila
Carlos Dávila escribió:
> I have just built qgis from trunk (r7992) and now it crashes if I try to
> open projects saved with 0.9.1, yesterday's trunk and already installed.
> No problem creating and saving new projects, but cannot open them.
> Regards
> Carlos
I installed r7994 and problem persisted, but after rebooting it works
OK. I have no idea where the problem came from.
Carlos

Re: Qgis crashes attempting to load existing project files (r7992)

Magnus Homann
Carlos Dávila wrote:
> Carlos Dávila escribió:
>> I have just built qgis from trunk (r7992) and now it crashes if I try to
>> open projects saved with 0.9.1, yesterday's trunk and already installed.
>> No problem creating and saving new projects, but cannot open them.
>> Regards
>> Carlos
> I installed r7994 and problem persisted, but after rebooting it works
> OK. I have no idea where the problem came from.
> Carlos

Did you get an message box warning from opening project files from
older revision of QGIS?

Magnus

Magnus Homann escribió:

> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>> Carlos Dávila escribió:
>>> I have just built qgis from trunk (r7992) and now it crashes if I
>>> try to open projects saved with 0.9.1, yesterday's trunk and already
>>> installed. No problem creating and saving new projects, but cannot
>>> open them.
>>> Regards
>>> Carlos
>> I installed r7994 and problem persisted, but after rebooting it works
>> OK. I have no idea where the problem came from.
>> Carlos
>
> Did you get an message box warning from opening project files from
> older revision of QGIS?
No, I had disabled that option.

Carlos Dávila wrote:

> Magnus Homann escribió:
>> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>>> I installed r7994 and problem persisted, but after rebooting it works
>>> OK. I have no idea where the problem came from.
>>> Carlos
>> Did you get an message box warning from opening project files from
>> older revision of QGIS?
> No, I had disabled that option.

Too bad, because the revision information given there is valuable when
reporting bugs in reading old project files. That's why I in the warning
dialog said you should report that information. It also gave a link on
where to report problems, and what should be included.

It makes it much easier fixing these kind of problems.

I suggest you turn it on, at least when there is problems.

Magnus

Magnus Homann escribió:

> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>> Magnus Homann escribió:
>>> Did you get an message box warning from opening project files from
>>> older revision of QGIS?
>> No, I had disabled that option.
>
> Too bad, because the revision information given there is valuable when
> reporting bugs in reading old project files. That's why I in the
> warning dialog said you should report that information. It also gave a
> link on where to report problems, and what should be included.
>
> It makes it much easier fixing these kind of problems.
>
> I suggest you turn it on, at least when there is problems.
OK, I turned it on. But note some of the projects giving problems were
saved with trunk version, only a few revisions older.

Carlos Dávila wrote:

> Magnus Homann escribió:
>> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>>> No, I had disabled that option.
>> Too bad, because the revision information given there is valuable when
>> reporting bugs in reading old project files. That's why I in the
>> warning dialog said you should report that information. It also gave a
>> link on where to report problems, and what should be included.
>>
>> It makes it much easier fixing these kind of problems.
>>
>> I suggest you turn it on, at least when there is problems.
> OK, I turned it on. But note some of the projects giving problems were
> saved with trunk version, only a few revisions older.

Yes, if you use other version of QGIS then the releases, there is no
guarantee that you get a clean upgrade. The default values should
however be safe, so QGIS shouldn't crash.

In trunk, changes in project file format can appear at any time.

Magnus