Qgis config settings

Patrick Dunford-2
Good day all

Where are the config settigns for Qgis stored on Linux editions

On my existing desktop running 3.0 there are two different locations used:

* ~/.config/QGIS

* ~/.qgisX

This computer was upgraded from 2.18

I have a computer that had Qgis 3 on it as the first installation that
has been upgraded to 3.2/3.3 and none of these folders exist.

Thanks

Re: Qgis config settings

Frank Broniewski-6
Hi Patrick,

the location changed from QGIS 2 to QGIS 3. QGIS 2 is the .qgis2 folder, while .config/QGIS/profile/default is the folder for QGIS 3. I want to mention that you can have more than one user profile in QGIS 3, see https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog30/index.html#feature-add-support-for-user-profiles for more details on that

HTH
Frank

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Qgis config settings

Havard Tveite-3
On Ubuntu

~/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default

Håvard