[Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

[Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi,

Since we have an 'official' QGIS blog: blog.qgis.org, the feed from that
one was inserted in our planet.qgis.org feed and shown on the frontpages.

There was a question to give the official blog some more weight on the
frontpage of qgis.org, so 'official' announcements would be read more.

I now:

- Moved the row with the Osgeo and QGIS-Trademark logo to (almost bottom)

- In blog feeds, renamed 'QGIS PSC blog' to 'QGIS Project blog' to
better reflect the idea of this blog.

-  Filter the blog.qgis.org from the planet atom and show them WITH blog
date (and little icon) in the 'Project News' section.

See http://qgis.org

In short old version:

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1504612429.png

New version:

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1504612470.png

Let me know if there are comments or troubles.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Re: [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

DelazJ
Hi

Richard, thanks for the cleanup. I didn't notice some of these articles :(
Would that make sense to remove QGIS Project blog posts from the list
of community blog posts at the bottom? IMHO It's a bit redundant with
the dedicated section and would give more slots to other community
blog posts.

Regards,
Harrissou

> Hi,
>
> Since we have an 'official' QGIS blog: blog.qgis.org, the feed from that
> one was inserted in our planet.qgis.org feed and shown on the frontpages.
>
> There was a question to give the official blog some more weight on the
> frontpage of qgis.org, so 'official' announcements would be read more.
>
> I now:
>
> - Moved the row with the Osgeo and QGIS-Trademark logo to (almost bottom)
>
> - In blog feeds, renamed 'QGIS PSC blog' to 'QGIS Project blog' to
> better reflect the idea of this blog.
>
> -  Filter the blog.qgis.org from the planet atom and show them WITH blog
> date (and little icon) in the 'Project News' section.
>
> See http://qgis.org
>
> In short old version:
>
> http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1504612429.png
>
> New version:
>
> http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1504612470.png
>
> Let me know if there are comments or troubles.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Re: [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

Anita Graser
Thanks Richard, I like it.
I think Harrissou is right that the official blog can be removed from the community blogs section if it's not too much trouble.

Regards,
Anita

On 05-09-17 14:53, Anita Graser wrote:
> Thanks Richard, I like it.
> I think Harrissou is right that the official blog can be removed from
> the community blogs section if it's not too much trouble.

Ok, that is 2 against 1 ...

Done :-)

Richard

Re: [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

DelazJ
Thanks, Richard.

> On 05-09-17 14:53, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Thanks Richard, I like it.
>> I think Harrissou is right that the official blog can be removed from
>> the community blogs section if it's not too much trouble.
>
> Ok, that is 2 against 1 ...
>
> Done :-)
>
> Richard

Re: [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2017-09-05 8:57 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> - Moved the row with the Osgeo and QGIS-Trademark logo to (almost bottom)

Hi Richard, I do notice that the QGIS-Trademark logo stands out, as it
is using the old branding logo.  I am sure you are tackling this, but I
wanted to share my thoughts just in case ha.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2017-09-05 8:57 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
- Moved the row with the Osgeo and QGIS-Trademark logo to (almost bottom)

Hi Richard, I do notice that the QGIS-Trademark logo stands out, as it is using the old branding logo.  I am sure you are tackling this, but I wanted to share my thoughts just in case ha.

​Hi Jeff,
We're in the process of updating the trademark and will update the logo accordingly.
Regards,
Anita​

Re: [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org Frontpage update

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Richard

Thank you SO much for doing this - it will make me more motivated to write posts there now knowing that people may actually read them :-)

Regards

Tim

On 2017-09-05 8:57 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
- Moved the row with the Osgeo and QGIS-Trademark logo to (almost bottom)

Hi Richard, I do notice that the QGIS-Trademark logo stands out, as it is using the old branding logo.  I am sure you are tackling this, but I wanted to share my thoughts just in case ha.

​Hi Jeff,
We're in the process of updating the trademark and will update the logo accordingly.
Regards,
Anita​

Tim Sutton
 * Desktop GIS programming services