[Qgis-community-team] knock knock - 1.7.4 is outside

[Qgis-community-team] knock knock - 1.7.4 is outside

macho
Hi to all Users, Devs, Translators and Community!

As of today we have exactly 56 more or less important Bugfixes and
Improvements backported to the release-1_7 branch ..

It's been now more than two month since we released 1.7.3 and I think
it's time to give 1.7.4 a chance ..

And here is the place where you all jump in :)

We try our best to clean out the bugs but as you all know software is
never free of bugs - but we can try to bring it as close to a bugfree
state as possible..

My Question to all of you now is:

Anyone of you who is familiar with git and can compile software by
himself. Could you please checkout the "release-1_7" branch, compile it
and test it with your biggest, strangest and difficult data you have to
find out if there are still bugs inside.
I am not looking for new feature reports or GUI things .. I just want
everything to work as expected.

Probably packagers could provide some "Release Candidate" Packages.
My Timeplan for now is to release 1.7.4 before beginning of March.
But definitely as soon as possible :)

Please help to make 1.7.4 another great release in the 1.7 series ..

If you find a Bug just search on the bugtracker if it already exists -
if not report it and set the Target Version to 1.7.4.

This would also be a good opportunity for translators to look in the
release-1_7 branch and finish translating there ..

I know many of you are already using master because of the shiny new
features inside and because you are able to compile it by yourself (and
these are exactly the persons i am directing this mail to - but please
let us not forget all the people outside there who rely on a stable qgis
1.7 branch with a lot of fixes.

Thanks a lot for your help and for this great community!

kind regards
Werner

[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-user] knock knock - 1.7.4 is outside

pcav
Il 26/01/2012 14:42, Werner Macho ha scritto:

> Anyone of you who is familiar with git and can compile software by
> himself. Could you please checkout the "release-1_7" branch, compile it
> and test it with your biggest, strangest and difficult data you have to
> find out if there are still bugs inside.
> I am not looking for new feature reports or GUI things .. I just want
> everything to work as expected.

IMHO we should not release the 1.7.4 version before having squashed all the real
blockers. This implies revising all the Immediate and Urgent tickets, and either
solve them (if they are really blockers) or downgrade them (if they are not).
Concerning the translations: would it be ok to translate the master, and backport the
translations?
All the best, and thanks Werner for leading the effort.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu