[Qgis-community-team] Websites moved + https

[Qgis-community-team] Websites moved + https

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi,

We moved
qgis.org/www.qgis.org/version.qgis.org
and
doc.qgis.org

from the old osgeo server to qgis2, the Hetzner server where
plugins.qgis.org iss also running.
FYI issues.qgis.org is running on qgis3

We also tested/used Letsencrypt certificate because the Globalsign cert
was almost expired.
See:
https://qgis.org
https://plugins.qgis.org
(all let's encrypt now)

I thought to disable http traffic for both, so
http://qgis.org is redirected to https:/qgis.org
(the standard Letsencrypt way, with some rewrite rules)

I also did that for plugins.qgis.org, but then people started to have
issues with installing plugins, so I reverted that for now, and will
report an issue around that.

Documentation is not yet https, not sure about that.

To me qgis.org/api is now much much faster \o/

IF you have troubles or see problems, please report back to [hidden email]

TODO:
- bring letsencrypt to issues.qgis.org
- fix plugins.qgis.org https problem
- bring test.qgis.org to qgis2
- check github hooks
- ...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Re: [Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 03-12-17 16:20, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> Which problems with plugins and https?
>
> I've set up a couple of repos with letsencrypt and all tests on 2.x went
> well on all tested platforms.
>
> Or is it an issue with the redirect from http to https?

Yes, I think so. When I do enable the http->https redirection in the
apache config, the plugin site + downloading via the browser is all ok.

But QGIS complains:
https://pastebin.com/S5vPj32q

My theory is that the network code in the plugin manager cannot handle
the redirection. I've had something like that too:
https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/jrodos/blob/master/providers/jrodos_project_provider.py#L27
and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14809310/qnetworkreply-and-301-redirect
talks about it.

> IMHO It would be wise to leave http on for legacy and ship 3.0 with https.
Well, IF we use https as url's both for repo AND in the xml, nobody will
be redirected so there will no problems anymore...

We cannot fix half I think.

Regards,

Richard

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Websites moved + https

Andreas Neumann-4
Hi Richard,

The website feels very snappy currently.

Thanks for your work!

Andreas

On 03.12.2017 13:13, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We moved
> qgis.org/www.qgis.org/version.qgis.org
> and
> doc.qgis.org
>
> from the old osgeo server to qgis2, the Hetzner server where
> plugins.qgis.org iss also running.
> FYI issues.qgis.org is running on qgis3
>
> We also tested/used Letsencrypt certificate because the Globalsign cert
> was almost expired.
> See:
> https://qgis.org
> https://plugins.qgis.org
> (all let's encrypt now)
>
> I thought to disable http traffic for both, so
> http://qgis.org is redirected to https:/qgis.org
> (the standard Letsencrypt way, with some rewrite rules)
>
> I also did that for plugins.qgis.org, but then people started to have
> issues with installing plugins, so I reverted that for now, and will
> report an issue around that.
>
> Documentation is not yet https, not sure about that.
>
> To me qgis.org/api is now much much faster \o/
>
> IF you have troubles or see problems, please report back to [hidden email]
>
> TODO:
> - bring letsencrypt to issues.qgis.org
> - fix plugins.qgis.org https problem
> - bring test.qgis.org to qgis2
> - check github hooks
> - ...
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Re: [Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Nyall,

On Mon, 04. Dec 2017 at 08:17:54 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> I've noticed that recently hub.qgis.org no longer works.

Fixed.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: [Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Borys Jurgiel-4
On niedziela, 3 grudnia 2017 23:43:55 CET Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> I'd prefer to not double the cached files but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll manage to implement the redirection in Installer within
the next week or two.

On poniedziałek, 4 grudnia 2017 08:54:01 CET Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> In that way, also older QGIS/PluginManager versions will work, as they
> can request a http repo, but get https url's back, which then do not
> have a redirection need anymore.
> Then we can in near future do the http->https request again (after the
> caching time).
>
> Am I right?

Exactly. Does anyone know the caching time? :)

Borys

Re: [Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-community] Websites moved + https

Borys Jurgiel-4
On poniedziałek, 4 grudnia 2017 08:55:35 CET Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Borys Jurgiel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On niedziela, 3 grudnia 2017 23:43:55 CET Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> > > I'd prefer to not double the cached files but I'll see what I can do.
> >
> > Thanks! Hopefully I'll manage to implement the redirection in Installer
> > within
> > the next week or two.

Done. Master should now properly handle 301 redirections (up to four ;) )

Regards,
Borys