[Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

[Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Crist Cace
Finally here's QGIS weather tutorial package! Helpful if you want to incorporate climate and science data with QGIS. http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqaiaoycl5ykw2y/QGIS_Weather_Tutorial_Package.zip

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Micha Silver-2
Beware: this looks like spam...

On 06/04/2017 04:45 AM, Crist Cace wrote:
Finally here's QGIS weather tutorial package! Helpful if you want to incorporate climate and science data with QGIS. http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqaiaoycl5ykw2y/QGIS_Weather_Tutorial_Package.zip

Micha Silver
cell: +972-523-665918

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 04-06-17 12:09, Micha Silver wrote:
> Beware: this looks like spam...

That is what Thunderbird told me too, but it isn't :-)

The link goes via Facebook but if you download the mediafire [0]
(without letting Facebook about it), you'll find data + video tutorials
from Crist Case a (as he calls himself) a 16 years old future meteorologist.

So other (future) meteorologists: see if you can learn something from
this, and I hope that with Crist will be the next stream of younger QGIS
users and developers coming in :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqaiaoycl5ykw2y/QGIS_Weather_Tutorial_Package.zip

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Anita Graser

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
The link goes via Facebook but if you download the mediafire [0]
(without letting Facebook about it), you'll find data + video tutorials
from Crist Case a (as he calls himself) a 16 years old future meteorologist.

So other (future) meteorologists: see if you can learn something from
this, and I hope that with Crist will be the next stream of younger QGIS
users and developers coming in :-)

​I've encouraged Crist to ​make his tutorial more accessible. It's now online at:

​Best wishes,
Anita

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Paolo Cavallini
Il 04/06/2017 22:09, Anita Graser ha scritto:

> On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
>
>     The link goes via Facebook but if you download the mediafire [0]
>     (without letting Facebook about it), you'll find data + video tutorials
>     from Crist Case a (as he calls himself) a 16 years old future
>     meteorologist.
>
>     So other (future) meteorologists: see if you can learn something from
>     this, and I hope that with Crist will be the next stream of younger QGIS
>     users and developers coming in :-)
>

> ​I've encouraged Crist to ​make his tutorial more accessible. It's now
> online at:
>
> https://qgisweathertutorialpackage.wordpress.com

Thanks Crist. There is some formatting to be fixed, and I wuld suggest
to add the screenshots to the page, rather than as a link to a zipfile.
If you are also interester to further play with grib files (wind etc.),
please ping me.
This conversation could be moved to the qgis-users mailing list.
All the best, and thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Saber Razmjooei
Crist, you can also create trace animation of wind data using Crayfish plugin (not yet available in Mac OS):

Also, you can visualise and animate grib and netcdf data:

Let me know if you are interested in other data formats:

Cheers
Saber

On 5 June 2017 at 08:09, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il 04/06/2017 22:09, Anita Graser ha scritto:

> On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
>
>     The link goes via Facebook but if you download the mediafire [0]
>     (without letting Facebook about it), you'll find data + video tutorials
>     from Crist Case a (as he calls himself) a 16 years old future
>     meteorologist.
>
>     So other (future) meteorologists: see if you can learn something from
>     this, and I hope that with Crist will be the next stream of younger QGIS
>     users and developers coming in :-)
>

> ​I've encouraged Crist to ​make his tutorial more accessible. It's now
> online at:
>
> https://qgisweathertutorialpackage.wordpress.com

Thanks Crist. There is some formatting to be fixed, and I wuld suggest
to add the screenshots to the page, rather than as a link to a zipfile.
If you are also interester to further play with grib files (wind etc.),
please ping me.
This conversation could be moved to the qgis-users mailing list.
All the best, and thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
+44 (0)7568 129733

Il 05/06/2017 09:18, Saber Razmjooei ha scritto:
> Crist, you can also create trace animation of wind data using Crayfish
> plugin (not yet available in Mac OS):
> http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/images/crayfish_storm_doris.gif
>
> Also, you can visualise and animate grib and netcdf data:
> http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/images/globaltemperature_grib_data.gif

Thanks Saber,
these seem to me important features to add to core. Any plan for it? Do
you have an estimate of how much work would be needed for this?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Saber Razmjooei
@Paolo, lets have a chat during the HF.
Cheers
Saber

Il 05/06/2017 10:00, Saber Razmjooei ha scritto:
> @Paolo, lets have a chat during the HF.

sure, thanks!

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu