[Qgis-community-team] Status of translated strings after the 3.0 release

[Qgis-community-team] Status of translated strings after the 3.0 release

Etienne Trimaille
Hi everyone,

Is there a wiki page somewhere explaining how transifex is updated after the release of 3.0.0?

French is 95% and I wanted to push some new strings this week and also in the next coming weeks. It would be nice to have new strings coming in 3.0.1 etc.

So if I translate new strings next week, can we have these new strings in 3.0.1 3.0.2 etc or do we need to wait for 3.2?

Regards,
Etienne

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Status of translated strings after the 3.0 release

macho
Hi Etienne,

To my knowledge transifex is and will always be in the state of  "master"
..
So whatever is going to happen after the 3.0 release - transifex is continuing to translate QGIS master..

3.0 release branch can be translated "directly" on the github release branch.

regards
Werner

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Etienne Trimaille <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a wiki page somewhere explaining how transifex is updated after the release of 3.0.0?

French is 95% and I wanted to push some new strings this week and also in the next coming weeks. It would be nice to have new strings coming in 3.0.1 etc.

So if I translate new strings next week, can we have these new strings in 3.0.1 3.0.2 etc or do we need to wait for 3.2?

Regards,
Etienne

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Status of translated strings after the 3.0 release

DelazJ
Hi Etienne (and all)

I was also thinking about that yesterday. With all the recent updated (and still upcoming) strings, translate rate will decrease for many languages and more importantly, lots of english strings will land in localized app.

Werner/Richard/Juergen, would that be a mess to keep a first month in Transifex to continue with the released branch before "branching back" the master's? Just asking though I have some ideas ;). Translations are not always ready at release date and there is no much need for translated strings at the beginning of a new dev cycle.

Anyway, Etienne, I think that in the meantime, the best way is to make a general call to translators in this final step.

Regards,
Harrissou