[Qgis-community-team] QGIS maps on the scale of micrometers

[Qgis-community-team] QGIS maps on the scale of micrometers

Ben Linzmeier
Hello QGIS community,

A small group of geochemists at the University of Wisconsin have been using QGIS for compiling in situ geochemical data across multiple instruments (both point analyses and rasters) on the scale of micrometers. We just published a short article in Eos highlighting this unique use case (https://eos.org/project-updates/making-maps-on-a-micrometer-scale)  and have put together a tutorial website (linked in the article) for this particular use.

As this development was a major time saver during the course of my dissertation work, I would like to thank everyone for their efforts in developing and documenting this amazing tool. If you would like a reformatted or slightly different writeup for the QGIS website case studies, please let me know.

Cheers,

Ben Linzmeier
Ubben Postdoctoral Fellow
Northwestern University

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS maps on the scale of micrometers

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi Ben,

Interesting project and use of QGIS !

Yes please we would welcome a slightly more popular writeup as an
example of a QGIS 'use-case'. Read more about it here:
https://qgis.org/en/site/about/case_studies/index.html

You can either do a pull request on the website sources in github, OR
sent me text + images (including some info about you/your group)
(richard at qgis.org), see the intro of
https://qgis.org/en/site/about/case_studies/index.html

This would be the first use-case of this year, so I would like to take
the opportunity to ask for more stories!
Users, please take some time to write up a nice use case.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde