[Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

Cameron Shorter
A few topics came out of the video meeting we have just completed, which I"m putting into an email thread for us to vote on.

In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about structuring content and different doc types.
I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing practices.
The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these guides/templates.

+1 Cameron

--

Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for writing QGIS docs, based on his material.

+1 Cameron
 


--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254




_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

ghtmtt
Hi Cameron,

thanks to put all the stuff together.

> In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about
> structuring content and different doc types.
> I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc
> structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write
> guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing
> practices.
> The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these
> guides/templates.


> +1 Cameron
+1 Matteo

> Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose
> that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for
> writing QGIS docs, based on his material.
>
> +1 Cameron
+1 Matteo

Cheers

Matteo
_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

Andrew Jeffrey
In reply to this post by Cameron Shorter
In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about structuring content and different doc types.
I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing practices.
The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these guides/templates.

+1 Cameron
+1 Andrew

--

Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for writing QGIS docs, based on his material.

+1 Cameron
+1 Andrew

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:38 PM Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:
A few topics came out of the video meeting we have just completed, which I"m putting into an email thread for us to vote on.

In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about structuring content and different doc types.
I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing practices.
The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these guides/templates.

+1 Cameron

--

Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for writing QGIS docs, based on his material.

+1 Cameron
 


--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254



_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team

_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

Richard Duivenvoorde
+1
+1

Especially let Jared propose how to divide current docs int the idea of
(mentioned by him) the different types of docs in

https://www.divio.com/blog/documentation/

Thereby giving us (hopefully) the tools to decide what is worth taking
with us, and what is worth leaving behind.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 07/06/2019 07.00, Andrew Jeffrey wrote:

> In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about
> structuring content and different doc types.
> I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc
> structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write
> guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing
> practices.
> The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these
> guides/templates.
>
> +1 Cameron
> +1 Andrew
>
> --
>
> Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose
> that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for
> writing QGIS docs, based on his material.
>
> +1 Cameron
> +1 Andrew
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:38 PM Cameron Shorter
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     A few topics came out of the video meeting we have just completed,
>     which I"m putting into an email thread for us to vote on.
>
>     In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about
>     structuring content and different doc types.
>     I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc
>     structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to
>     write guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be
>     capturing existing practices.
>     The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with
>     these guides/templates.
>
>     +1 Cameron
>
>     --
>
>     Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I
>     propose that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing
>     onboarding for writing QGIS docs, based on his material.
>
>     +1 Cameron
>      
>
>
>     --
>     Cameron Shorter
>     Technology Demystifier
>     Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>
>     M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources
>     such as documentation, translation etc..
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
>


_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

Alexandre Neto
+1
+1

A sex, 7/06/2019, 08:46, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> escreveu:
+1
+1

Especially let Jared propose how to divide current docs int the idea of
(mentioned by him) the different types of docs in

https://www.divio.com/blog/documentation/

Thereby giving us (hopefully) the tools to decide what is worth taking
with us, and what is worth leaving behind.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 07/06/2019 07.00, Andrew Jeffrey wrote:
> In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about
> structuring content and different doc types.
> I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc
> structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to write
> guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be capturing existing
> practices.
> The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with these
> guides/templates.
>
> +1 Cameron
> +1 Andrew
>
> --
>
> Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I propose
> that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing onboarding for
> writing QGIS docs, based on his material.
>
> +1 Cameron
> +1 Andrew
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:38 PM Cameron Shorter
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     A few topics came out of the video meeting we have just completed,
>     which I"m putting into an email thread for us to vote on.
>
>     In our video conference, we discussed some of Jared's ideas about
>     structuring content and different doc types.
>     I propose that we invite Jared to investigate existing QGIS doc
>     structure, compare against best practices, and refine into "How to
>     write guides / templates" which hopefully should largely be
>     capturing existing practices.
>     The aim would be that future docs would be expected to align with
>     these guides/templates.
>
>     +1 Cameron
>
>     --
>
>     Andrew Jeffrey has put together How to write QGIS docs guide. I
>     propose that we invite Andrew to lead the updating of existing
>     onboarding for writing QGIS docs, based on his material.
>
>     +1 Cameron
>      
>
>
>     --
>     Cameron Shorter
>     Technology Demystifier
>     Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>
>     M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources
>     such as documentation, translation etc..
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
>


_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team

_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS/Season of Docs meeting decisions

Richard Duivenvoorde
In reply to this post by Andrew Jeffrey
On 14/06/2019 13.35, Jared Morgan wrote:
> The outputs of this review will be a proposed structure and
> writing/contribution tips for folks who want to write modules or submit
> existing modules in a format we consider a minimum baseline for the project.
>
> If you can think of any other links I should review as part of defining
> the courseware contribution draft, please let me know.

Hi Jared,

Nice, thanks!

I think current docs we have:

https://docs.qgis.org/testig/en/docs/
could be scanned:

    User Guide/Manual
    PyQGIS Cookbook
    Developers Guide
    Documentation Guidelines
    A Gentle Introduction to GIS
    Training Manual

Besides this we have some public docs on:

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/trainingmaterial/index.html

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team