[Qgis-community-team] Portuguese QGIS Users Meeting balance

[Qgis-community-team] Portuguese QGIS Users Meeting balance

Alexandre Neto
Hello all,

Just to let you know that we had around 120 participants at the Portuguese Users meeting, held in Coimbra, Portugal last Monday (June 2nd).

During the morning we have introduced the new QGIS PT user group and had a few speakers talking about their QGIS sucess cases.

During the afternoon we gave 4 workshops, and promote a instalation\doubts and translations sessions.

The entrance in the event and workshops was free, but users could donate 5€ per workshop to reserve a seat. With this we were able to gather 570€ in donations for QGIS, already sent by paypal. We are sure it's going to be of good use.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Portuguese QGIS Users Meeting balance

Anita Graser
Great news Alexandre!
Thanks to everyone involved!

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just to let you know that we had around 120 participants at the Portuguese
> Users meeting, held in Coimbra, Portugal last Monday (June 2nd).
>
> During the morning we have introduced the new QGIS PT user group and had a
> few speakers talking about their QGIS sucess cases.
>
> During the afternoon we gave 4 workshops, and promote a instalation\doubts
> and translations sessions.
>
> The entrance in the event and workshops was free, but users could donate 5€
> per workshop to reserve a seat. With this we were able to gather 570€ in
> donations for QGIS, already sent by paypal. We are sure it's going to be of
> good use.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Portuguese QGIS Users Meeting balance

Andreas Neumann-4
Thank you Alex and congratulations to a good start of QGIS-PT!

Andreas

Am 05.06.2014 09:16, schrieb Alexandre Neto:

> Hello all,
>
> Just to let you know that we had around 120 participants at the Portuguese
> Users meeting, held in Coimbra, Portugal last Monday (June 2nd).
>
> During the morning we have introduced the new QGIS PT user group and had a
> few speakers talking about their QGIS sucess cases.
>
> During the afternoon we gave 4 workshops, and promote a instalation\doubts
> and translations sessions.
>
> The entrance in the event and workshops was free, but users could donate 5€
> per workshop to reserve a seat. With this we were able to gather 570€ in
> donations for QGIS, already sent by paypal. We are sure it's going to be of
> good use.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Portuguese QGIS Users Meeting balance

Tim Sutton-4

Hi

Sent from my mobile
On 05 Jun 2014 4:16 PM, "Alexandre Neto" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just to let you know that we had around 120 participants at the Portuguese Users meeting, held in Coimbra, Portugal last Monday (June 2nd).
>
> During the morning we have introduced the new QGIS PT user group and had a few speakers talking about their QGIS sucess cases.
>
> During the afternoon we gave 4 workshops, and promote a instalation\doubts and translations sessions.
>
> The entrance in the event and workshops was free, but users could donate 5€ per workshop to reserve a seat. With this we were able to gather 570€ in donations for QGIS, already sent by paypal. We are sure it's going to be of good use.

Wow fantastic news! Thank you all for your efforts!

Regards Tim