[Qgis-community-team] Links to old releases documentation are broken

[Qgis-community-team] Links to old releases documentation are broken

DelazJ
Hi,

I think I've read this issue report many weeks ago but I can't recall where nor found it: browsing docs.qgis.org, many of the links to almost all old QGIS versions documentation (user manual, doc guidelines, Gentle introduction...) are broken and return a 404.

Thanks for any fix.

Regards,
Harrissou

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Links to old releases documentation are broken

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 06-03-17 09:24, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've read this issue report many weeks ago but I can't recall
> where nor found it: browsing docs.qgis.org <http://docs.qgis.org>, many
> of the links to almost all old QGIS versions documentation (user manual,
> doc guidelines, Gentle introduction...) are broken and return a 404.
>
> Thanks for any fix.

Hi Harrissou,

thanks for noting. The older versions are moved to another machine due
to diskspace problems...

but the apache conf is not working good enough to handle all possible
url combinations...

so all docs are still there, but via:

http://docs.qgis.org/2.8
http://docs.qgis.org/2.6
http://docs.qgis.org/2.2
http://docs.qgis.org/2.0
http://docs.qgis.org/1.8

I will have to update the apache conf to be able to handle all links on

http://qgis.org/en/docs/index.html

or just remove all the links to the sub parts...

Will try to do tomorrow

Richard