[Qgis-community-team] Insert Selected Fields From ESRI Shape-File To PostGIS Geometry Table

[Qgis-community-team] Insert Selected Fields From ESRI Shape-File To PostGIS Geometry Table

Osahon Oduware
Hi All,

I added an ESRI Shape file as a layer in QGIS (version 2.14) using the "Add vector layer" tool. Now, I want to import selected fields (including the geometry) from this shape-file layer into an existing PostGIS Geometry table.

I have tried using the import layer/file tool in the Database Manager menu, but this seems to be only able to create an existing table which doesn't suit my need as described above.

I learnt GeoMedia does something similar to what I am trying to accomplish i.e. it automatically loads the matching fields in the shape file layer into the corresponding fields in the database table.

Please, I need someone to direct me on how to accomplish this.

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Insert Selected Fields From ESRI Shape-File To PostGIS Geometry Table

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 06-06-17 16:55, Osahon Oduware wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I added an ESRI Shape file as a layer in QGIS (version 2.14) using the
> "Add vector layer" tool. Now, I want to import selected fields
> (including the geometry) from this shape-file layer into an existing
> PostGIS Geometry table.
>
> I have tried using the import layer/file tool in the Database Manager
> menu, but this seems to be only able to create an existing table which
> doesn't suit my need as described above.
>
> I learnt GeoMedia does something similar to what I am trying to
> accomplish i.e. it automatically loads the matching fields in the shape
> file layer into the corresponding fields in the database table.
>
> Please, I need someone to direct me on how to accomplish this.

Answered on users list.

Please do not crosspost.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde