[Qgis-community-team] Icon replacement QGIS docs

[Qgis-community-team] Icon replacement QGIS docs

ghtmtt
Hi all (Alexandre),

I'm starting to work on the Training Manual and I needed to update some
icons and screenshots.

For the screenshots no problem while I'm a little bit confused with the
icons.

I thought that we can simply call in the rst file the new icon as we
always did e.g. |addRasterLayer|) and during the make fasthtml (or
whatever) the awesome scripts created by Alexandre would update the rst
at the end of the file (where needed) with the correct sphinx replacement.

But it is not working for me, nothing is added at the end of the file
and the html still cannot draw the icon.

So I tried to manually run the find_Set_subs.py script, but it is taking
so much time that I've to kill if (after > 20 minutes).

Am I missing something in this procedure?

BTW: the only thing I did always when building locally is uncommenting
the strings of the unwanted resources in the conf.py

Thanks for any hint

Cheers

Matteo

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Icon replacement QGIS docs

Alexandre Neto
Hi Matteo,

For brand new icons, you need to add their definitions at the substitutions.txt file:

Add the icon file (.png) to the static/common folder:

Add the inline substituition text in the rst file.

Then, from the scripts/ folder run:

python3 find_set_subst.py

Check if any of your substitutions is missing from the substitutions.txt file.

I have tested now, and it worked. I am on linux.

Alex

--
Matteo Ghetta - www.faunalia.eu
Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Icon replacement QGIS docs

ghtmtt
Hi Alexandre,

thanks for the quick reply. Ok got it.

Running the script is still needed if the icon is not new right? To add
the correct path at the end of the file.

It works now (I didn't activate my venv with python3 so it was using
python2).

Running it right know modifies also some files in the user_manual
folder: do you confirm this? I think for some outdated replacement not
available anymore.

If yes: should we make a PR with this updates?

Last: I think I will edit (locally of course) the script in order to
catch only the training manual folder, so I'm sure I'm not destroying
anything ;)

Thanks again

Matteo

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Icon replacement QGIS docs

Alexandre Neto
Hello Matteo,

matteo <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quinta, 12/07/2018 às 15:00:
Hi Alexandre,

Running the script is still needed if the icon is not new right? To add
the correct path at the end of the file.

yes

Running it right know modifies also some files in the user_manual
folder: do you confirm this? I think for some outdated replacement not
available anymore.

yes

If yes: should we make a PR with this updates?

yes, please.

Last: I think I will edit (locally of course) the script in order to
catch only the training manual folder, so I'm sure I'm not destroying
anything ;)

No need. It's good that, from time to time, someone runs the script and update all rst files, as it will clean up no longer needed entrances.

Thinking about that, maybe it would be nice to check for no longer used substitutions that are still present in the substitution.txt file.

--
Alexandre Neto