[Qgis-community-team] [Documentation] external documentation

[Qgis-community-team] [Documentation] external documentation

Yves Jacolin
Hello,

I have just added a new contribution to the training manual page in the
QGIS Website (PR at the moment) but I think this page should be moved to
the documentation repository as they are not always training material.

Also, the QGIS training manual is only in english, which is wrong as it
is translated into french (at least) and other language.

I have not a strong opinion yet on how and where to move/change this.
Documentation section is outsite "For users" section which is not
logical for me. So here a short proposition:

# For Users

* Download QGIS and Plugins

* Visual Changelog

* Trainings (QGIS training manual and all other training manual)

* Documentation

* Books

* Support (community and commercial)

* User group

I think that if Documentation is outside the "For user"  section is to
be able to have a link in the header, right?

The starting page is here: https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/index.html

As said I have not a strong opinion but I think we can improve this. Any
other opinion pros and cons are warmly welcome!

Thanks,

Y.

--
http://yjacolin.gloobe.org

Re: [Qgis-community-team] [Documentation] external documentation

Alexandre Neto
Hi!

Since the index is organized by the header at the top, it makes sense to have a separate item for the documentation page. From my point of view, what does not make sense the fact that the index under the "for users" doesn't match the content of the For users page.

Alexandre Neto