Quantcast

QGIS vs uDig expression builder face off

QGIS vs uDig expression builder face off

Nathan Woodrow-2
Jody Garnett and I have been chatting on IRC about my recent developments in QGIS with regards to the new expression builder [1], with this we decided to have a QGIS vs uDig face off.  Jody is planning on building a new expression builder for uDig, using some different ideas to me, so we thought in order to help both programs advance we would have a little friendly comp.  The hope is that these friendly competitions will help us (and anyone else) create the best user experience we can by sharing ideas and pushing each project to do better.

Round one will be help in Brisbane on the 11th at the Edge.

Re: QGIS vs uDig expression builder face off

jody.garnett
Gulp! Now it did not even occur to me to to mention expression based labelling as a feature of uDig (since that is part of "full SLD" support). Still I am interested in comparing notes on making Expressions easier for users; especially when hundreds of functions are available.

So yes I will meet your challenge; winner buys beer.

Jody