QGIS v3.8.3 Map Views

upland

Hello,

I’m new to QGIS and was working with ArcGIS pro before.  I’m switching to QGIS since its much more user friendly and I like the versatility of use.

I’m trying to work with multiple map views and putting them into a layout.  When I generate a new map view from the view menu and rename it, set a theme for the layer visibility and data to be shown.

Then I do into my layout and that map view does not show up when I go to the “add new map”.  I can add a new map but it only shows up identical to the main view and as I add maps to the layout they are

Named Map 1,  Map 2, etc….  My custom map view I created with its unique name is not there in the dropdown menu.

Question is how do I get my custom map views that I created with custom theme to show up in the layout function and add it to my layout?

Thanks very much for any input you may have.

Upland Environmental Ltd

Normand Menard R.P.F.T  C.Tech (Eng)

Box 750, Plamondon, Ab  T0A 2T0

Ph: 780-798-2200,  Cell: 780-404-3855

Email: [hidden email]

www.uplandenvironmental.ca

Re: QGIS v3.8.3 Map Views

Borys Jurgiel-4
Hi,

You don't need to open multiple map views. Once you created map themes, just
assign one of them to each map in its 'Item properties' panel in the layout
composer (look for 'Follow map theme' checkbox).

Regards,
Borys