QGIS server is officially a reference implementation for WMS !

QGIS server is officially a reference implementation for WMS !

Régis Haubourg -2
Hi PSC,

I just received very good news, QGIS server is now recognized as a OGC reference implementation for WMS.

It implies of course that it is compliant, but it also confirms we are free of any charges concerning the certification process.

The certificate is publicly available here, with a badge (logo) that we can embed in any other website:

The last two months where dedicated mainly to discussion with the OGC team about how to affiliate or not to OSGEO organization, and if there was a possibility to avoid pushing load on Venkatesh shoulders - just because the webapp doesn't handle many managers per organization.

What to do next?

- A  post in blog.qgis.org. I'll draft something quickly and submit it to Anita, is that the leanest way to do?

- Insert the badge in documentation and maybe website pages. Please let me know if you are aware of specific locations to adress.

- Publish and relay the blog post in mailing lists, social media and other channelse

- keep the work on certification process, and fix issues with the latest TEAM Engine platform release. If I get it right, we should be able to work on WFS via the grant applications ?

Concerning the relations with OSGEO, I think we must clarify with the OSGEO board that we didn't choose to display QGIS as a separate organization, the certification platform didn't let us too much choices.  Anita, what should be the right way to do that, a public message on "OSGEO discuss" should be enough?

Thanks for your patience all!

Best regards

Régis

Re: QGIS server is officially a reference implementation for WMS !

pcav
Wow! Great stuff, thanks.

--
Sorry for being short