QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

Pedro Venâncio
Hi,

I've compiled and installed yesterday QGIS 2.3 master, on Xubuntu 12.04, but it is continually crashing with a segmentation fault (core dumped). I just load a layer (raster / shape / postgis) and do some zoom in / zoom out. I've tried with the option to render with all processor cores active / deactivated, but it happens exactly the same. I've also uninstalled the CADInput plugin, because I read somewhere that it could give problems, but not resolved.

On the console::

$ qgis
Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
no need
false; DefaultProxy; ; ; ; *********;
Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The faster I zoom in / zoom out, more "breaking!" appears, until the Segmentation fault... See here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash.ogv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash_nightly.ogv

In the first attempt I was using the ubuntugis-stable repository, with gdal 1.9.x. However, I updated all packages with ubuntugis-unstable, and went back to compile, but the same thing happens.

In a last attempt, I tried the nightly builds, also without success.

I've uninstalled everything that was associated with qgis, grass, gdal; erased folders .qgis2 and .config/QGIS, but still crashes...

Error reports always refer to something related to QgsMapRenderer: SIGSEGV in QgsMapRenderer::extent() / QgsMapRenderer::updateScale() / QgsMapRenderer::adjustExtentToSize():

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_3.png

Does anyone have any idea about what may be the cause?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro

Re: QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

Pedro Venâncio
I just recompiled QGIS 2.2 and everything works fine. So, the problem is only with the master.

> I've compiled and installed yesterday QGIS 2.3 master, on Xubuntu 12.04, but
> it is continually crashing with a segmentation fault (core dumped). I just load
> a layer (raster / shape / postgis) and do some zoom in / zoom out. I've
> tried with the option to render with all processor cores active / deactivated,
> but it happens exactly the same. I've also uninstalled the CADInput plugin,
> because I read somewhere that it could give problems, but not resolved.
>

> On the console::
>
> $ qgis
> Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
> Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
> no need
> false; DefaultProxy; ; ; ; *********;
> Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> breaking!
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>

> The faster I zoom in / zoom out, more "breaking!" appears, until the
> Segmentation fault... See here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash.ogv
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash_nightly.ogv
>

> In the first attempt I was using the ubuntugis-stable repository, with gdal
> 1.9.x. However, I updated all packages with ubuntugis-unstable, and went back to
> compile, but the same thing happens.
>
> In a last attempt, I tried the nightly builds, also without success.
>
> I've uninstalled everything that was associated with qgis, grass, gdal;
> erased folders .qgis2 and .config/QGIS, but still crashes...
>
> Error reports always refer to something related to QgsMapRenderer: SIGSEGV in
> QgsMapRenderer::extent() / QgsMapRenderer::updateScale() /
> QgsMapRenderer::adjustExtentToSize():
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis.png
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_2.png
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_3.png
>

> Does anyone have any idea about what may be the cause?
>

> Thank you very much!
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro

Re: QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

Pedro Venâncio
Hi,

I continue with this crash (report attached), with today's master...

Any hint?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Pedro

qgis_2_3_crash_3.jpg (55K) Download Attachment

Re: QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

Pedro Venâncio

Hello again,

I've been looking at the tests during compilation, and the segmentation fault appears in qgis_zoomtest:

      Start 43: qgis_shapebursttest
43/92 Test #43: qgis_shapebursttest ..................***Failed    2.12 sec
      Start 44: qgis_zoomtest
44/92 Test #44: qgis_zoomtest ........................***Exception: SegFault 18.12 sec
      Start 45: qgis_projectionissues
45/92 Test #45: qgis_projectionissues ................   Passed   28.29 sec

Looking at the results of the last few weeks in CDash QGIS, this test failed in all builds on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit (and apparently also in Debian Jessie):

http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/testSummary.php?project=8&name=qgis_zoomtest&date=2014-05-01

Can there be a problem with this architecture?

Best regards,
Pedro