QGIS grants acceptance

Andreas Neumann-4

Dear PSC,

I would be in favour of accepting all six of the first proposals - adding up to 30.5k €. This would mean including the "Charts and drawings on attribute forms" proposal.

In addition, I would also propose to finance the update of the "QGIS training manual" (out of the documentation budget). We have a problem with the lack of documentation. In this light it would be unwise to deny a proposal where we - finally - have some committed people working on documentation. I know that training manual is not the same as the documentation - but it is in the same category. And I think it would tremendously help people unfamiliar with QGIS.

There are more than enough funds available (approx. 80k in the account) to finance all six proposals AND the update of the QGIS training manual. Otherwise we will end up with a lot money in the bank account at the end of the year and will have to pay taxes on that.

What are your opinions?

Greetings,

Andreas

Re: QGIS grants acceptance

pcav
Il 20/06/2018 11:39, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> Dear PSC,
>
> I would be in favour of accepting all six of the first proposals -
> adding up to 30.5k €. This would mean including the "Charts and drawings
> on attribute forms" proposal.
>
> In addition, I would also propose to finance the update of the "QGIS
> training manual" (out of the documentation budget). We have a problem
> with the lack of documentation. In this light it would be unwise to deny
> a proposal where we - finally - have some committed people working on
> documentation. I know that training manual is not the same as the
> documentation - but it is in the same category. And I think it would
> tremendously help people unfamiliar with QGIS.
>
> There are more than enough funds available (approx. 80k in the account)
> to finance all six proposals AND the update of the QGIS training manual.
> Otherwise we will end up with a lot money in the bank account at the end
> of the year and will have to pay taxes on that.
>
> What are your opinions?

Agreed totally.
Thanks Andreas.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: QGIS grants acceptance

Yves Jacolin
Hi,

Le 20/06/2018 à 11:41, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :

> Il 20/06/2018 11:39, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> I would be in favour of accepting all six of the first proposals -
>> adding up to 30.5k €. This would mean including the "Charts and drawings
>> on attribute forms" proposal.
>>
>> In addition, I would also propose to finance the update of the "QGIS
>> training manual" (out of the documentation budget). We have a problem
>> with the lack of documentation. In this light it would be unwise to deny
>> a proposal where we - finally - have some committed people working on
>> documentation. I know that training manual is not the same as the
>> documentation - but it is in the same category. And I think it would
>> tremendously help people unfamiliar with QGIS.
>>
>> There are more than enough funds available (approx. 80k in the account)
>> to finance all six proposals AND the update of the QGIS training manual.
>> Otherwise we will end up with a lot money in the bank account at the end
>> of the year and will have to pay taxes on that.
>>
>> What are your opinions?
> Agreed totally.
> Thanks Andreas.

My opinion is that it gives a positif signal to the documentation team :)

Thanks,

Y.

--
http://yjacolin.gloobe.org

Re: QGIS grants acceptance

ginetto
My 2c. I agree to include also the training manual update, it's the entry point to lean qgis for many basic users.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 11:39, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 20-06-18 11:41, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 20/06/2018 11:39, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> I would be in favour of accepting all six of the first proposals -
>> adding up to 30.5k €. This would mean including the "Charts and drawings
>> on attribute forms" proposal.
>>
>> In addition, I would also propose to finance the update of the "QGIS
>> training manual" (out of the documentation budget). We have a problem
>> with the lack of documentation. In this light it would be unwise to deny
>> a proposal where we - finally - have some committed people working on
>> documentation. I know that training manual is not the same as the
>> documentation - but it is in the same category. And I think it would
>> tremendously help people unfamiliar with QGIS.
>>
>> There are more than enough funds available (approx. 80k in the account)
>> to finance all six proposals AND the update of the QGIS training manual.
>> Otherwise we will end up with a lot money in the bank account at the end
>> of the year and will have to pay taxes on that.
>>
>> What are your opinions?
>
> Agreed totally.

Yep, fine for me. I think we have a wonderfull choice.

I also like the fact that the grants will go to community people doing
stuff for the QGIS in general. That's the reason I'm +1 for the Training
Manual too.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Re: QGIS grants acceptance

Anita Graser
​Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 11:39, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

​​
I would be in favour of accepting all six of the first proposals - adding up to 30.5k €. This would mean including the "Charts and drawings on attribute forms" proposal.

In addition, I would also propose to finance the update of the "QGIS training manual" (out of the documentation budget).

Thanks for cross-checking with our budget and +1 to fund all six leading proposals + the training manual update.

Anita​