QGIS for policy making

Gianfranco Gliozzo

Dear list members,

I am working for the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government.

My team is currently supporting and promoting the use of GIS in the department.

We are creating a collection of case studies which show how spatial analysis can support policy making.

Currently we have case studies from commercial vendors and consultants but we are keen on getting some case studies developed using QGIS and osgeo in general.

Are you able to provide some examples of the use of spatial analysis to support the main areas in which the Ministry is currently working?

To mention some you have:

·         Housing

·         Integration policies

·         Homelessness

·         Successful high-streets

·         Local growth

·         Local government

·         Planning

Please let me know if you have some interesting case studies.

Thank you

Gianfranco

MHCLG_3282_SML_AW

Dr Gianfranco Gliozzo

Implementation analyst | Spatial Analysis and Area Briefings | Analysis and Data Directorate

South-East section, 2nd fl. | Fry Building | 2 Marsham Street | London | SW1P 4DF

E: [hidden email] |  T: 0303 444 9027 | MHCLG

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.

Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of the Government unless confirmed by a communication signed on behalf of the Secretary of State.

The Department's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Correspondents should note that all communications from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for lawful purposes.