QGIS for Windows cannot recognize some folders

QGIS for Windows cannot recognize some folders

Patrick Giraudoux
I was used with QGIS and GRASS under Linux and had a trial on the
Windows compiled version (wanting to use it on teaching purpose where
Unix is unavailable). Fantastic piece of work thanks to Tim Sutton!

In this compiled version, I have been quite surprised that some folders
canot be seen in the dialog window when trying to look for a file,
whatever from the "Open a projet", "Add a vector layer" or "Add a raster
layer" menus (not sure of the translation, I am working on a French
version).

For instance I have two folders called 'Maerkang' and 'Mammalia' that
cannot be seen when all the many others are fine. The unread paths are:

U:\Documents and Settings\giraudoux\Mes documents\Mammalia
U:\Documents and Settings\giraudoux\Mes documents\Maerkang

When the followings and others are well listed:
U:\Documents and Settings\giraudoux\Mes documents\Marco
U:\Documents and Settings\giraudoux\Mes documents\Map tools

Furthermore, when 'Mammalia' is copied/renamed to 'Copy of Mammalia',
Copy of Mammalia is well visible and can be read. Same for Maerkang.

Any idea about what happens?

Patrick

Re: QGIS for Windows cannot recognize some folders

Burgholzer,Robert
For what it is worth, I am having the same difficulty.  Windows XP,
latest service packs, QGIS 0.8.1 (installed from binary on QGis site).

r.b.

Re: QGIS for Windows cannot recognize some folders

Tim Sutton
Hi

Em 29/07/2007, às 13:27, Patrick Giraudoux escreveu:

I was used with QGIS and GRASS under Linux and had a trial on the
Windows compiled version (wanting to use it on teaching purpose where
Unix is unavailable). Fantastic piece of work thanks to Tim Sutton!

Thats very kind but QGIS is the work of many people!

[...]

I believe this is a bug with the windows Qt version - I have a similar issue in the openModeller project I work on. I believe sometimes you need to wait a little while for the contents to appear. I think we need to file a bug with trolltech for this...I will ask on the Qt mailing list too to see if anyone has encountered similar issues and can offer a fix...

Regards

Tim

Patrick

Tim Sutton

QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager

openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological niche modelling tool

Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net