[QGIS-ZA-user] links between nodes as feature lines, data from CSV files

[QGIS-ZA-user] links between nodes as feature lines, data from CSV files

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hello,
The attached COORD columns are all in SID:2053 (metres) I can easily import the MANHOLEDATA and display as nodes:
COORD1 column =X, COORD2 column = Y

But how do I create line features using the PIPEDATA txt(csv)?

PIPEDATA has two node columns: "Upstream_MH","Downstream_MH"
A line feature is needed between those nodes, the coordinates provided by MANHOLEDATA.

Start of line, PIPEDATA: Upstream_MH = MANHOLEDATA: Manhole_No

End of line, PIPEDATA: Downstream_MH = MANHOLEDATA: Manhole_No

Note:
Even though the PIPEDATA includes COORD columns, these need to be ignored - only use the node positions provided by MANHOLEDATA.

Thanks for reading and helping,

Kevin.

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.

PipeData.txt (8K) Download Attachment
ManholeData.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: links between nodes as feature lines, data from CSV files

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Kevin,

Just off the top of my head, maybe you could try the Points to Path tool in the processing toolbox. You'd first have to create point features for the PIPEDATA and then run them through the Points to Path tool using the PIPE_ID as the group field.

Regards, Frank.

On 11/08/2017 09:55, Barnett, Kevin via qgis-za-user wrote:
[...]

Glad you've got it working.

Frank.

On 11/08/2017 13:13, Barnett, Kevin wrote:

Just tested … it worked … Thank You

Thanks Frank, lengthy gooooogling results in the same recommended solution; I was hoping for a “quick fix” … this is the button you need right here; oh well … makes sense… thx again.