[QGIS-ZA-user] Scale Denominator in GeoServer

[QGIS-ZA-user] Scale Denominator in GeoServer

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Good day all.

I have a situation with GeoSever/QGIS.

I have created a style in GeoServer and and specified maximum scale of 1:90000 using the MaxScaleDenominator, example: <MaxScaleDenominator>90000</MaxScaleDenominator>

My problem is that when I load the data in QGIS it only start drawing at scale 1:63000 instead of the 9000 I specified.

I would appreciate some help on how to work around this.

Kind regards
Aphelele Dlayiya

Re: Scale Denominator in GeoServer

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Aphelele

What is your project CRS? My guess is that it’s 4326, where the scale varies considerably depending on where you are (in fact scale in a geographic CRS is rather meaningless) . If you work in a projected CRS (which you should always do) it should behave as expected.

Gavin