[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Google Forms
Having trouble with viewing or submitting this form?
Fill in using Google Forms
Hello Everyone,

We are just 3 days away from our 5th South African QGIS User Group meeting in Cape Town and Midrand/Gauteng. This is our final announcement and you may still register for our exciting programmes as below.

The agenda for the Cape Town meeting will be:

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the previous QGIS UG meetings and general discussions (e.g. CPD points)
10:30 - 11:00 Technical Talk 1 - Kevin Musungu: Change Detection in the Horticultural Region of Cape Town using LANDSAT Imagery
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee/Tea break
11:30 - 12:00 Technical Talk 2 - Immo Blecher: Using the Atlas feature to present groundwater quality per Western Cape primary catchment with feature count - a challenge
12:00 - 12:30 Technical Talk 3 - Dean Ollis: A few tips and tricks in accessing and working with freely available biodiversity data in QGIS
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 - Frank Sokolic: Georeferencing and Mosaicking Aerial Photographs
14:30 - Open ending: Questions and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical, how-to's, tricks, tips etc.) e.g. Dean Ollis: How to perform a few functions in QGIS that are easily achievable in ArcGIS but do not seem so easy to do in QGIS.

The venue in Cape Town is:
Dept. Rural Development and Land Reform, 19 Rhodes Avenue, Van der Sterr Building, Mowbray, 7705

The agenda for the Midrand meeting will be:

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the previous QGIS UG meetings and general discussions
10:30 - 11:15 Technical Talk 1 - Gavin Fleming: How QGIS was used to support the Cape Town Marathon and Cape Town Carnival
11:15 - 11:45 Coffee/Tea break
11:45 - 12:30 Technical Talk 2 - Gerhard Brits: Which file format? What are the advantages and usage of different file types available in QGIS?
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 Technical Talk 3 - Gerhard Brits: Using QGIS in a mixed GIS Landscape
14:30 - Open ending: Demos of plugins and general QGIS functions, Questions and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical, how-to's, tricks, tips etc.)

The venue in Midrand is:
Eskom Academy of Learning, Dale Rd, Komati House Building (security will direct you, but Gerhard will send out another mail to the Midrand participants).

Looking forward to our interesting programmes!

Regards and See You All there!
Immo Blecher and Gerhard Brits
QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting
Please indicate below whether you would like to attend our 5th South African QGIS User Group Meetings in Gauteng/Cape Town. Please do not register if you know now already that you will most probably not be able to make it. The organisation of these meetings takes a lot of time and effort which is dependent on the number of participants.

You are encouraged to bring your PC/laptop to demonstrate something you have done or to try and find answers to problems you encounter. See you all there!

    QGIS User Group South Africa

    Captionless Image
Create your own Google Form

Re: QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Immo

Sorry for not joining you today. I am now back from the ESKOM training center at midrand where nobody knew about the QGIS user meeting nor the gate or the reception.I only forgot the venue building name and hence had to turn back.
Sorry again  for the missing the meeting but there will be a next time.
Regards
Bruno