[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS UG GAUTENG - PYTHON RESOURCES

[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS UG GAUTENG - PYTHON RESOURCES

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Hi Everyone.

At today’s QGIS user group we covered a topic of large volume data processing. In the conversation we discussed utilising python to automate some processes.

Below is some useful python resources to get you started:

Tutorials:

https://automatetheboringstuff.com/

https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/preface.html

IDE to write in:

PyScripter

PyCharm

Netbeans*

Hope the above helps you getting started.

Regards

Gerhard Brits

NB: This Email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/Pages/Email_Legal_Spam_Disclaimer.aspx

Re: QGIS UG GAUTENG - PYTHON RESOURCES

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Good Morning Gerhard,

Thank you for Friday’s meeting , it was so informative and filled with lots of ideas and useful tools to share. I appreciated that fact that each of us had the opportunity interact directly with expert users.

Also thank you for the organisers of the venue, tea and snacks.

Is it possible to indicate when the next meeting will be, so that we can start saving the date.

Regards

Johanna

Re: QGIS UG GAUTENG - PYTHON RESOURCES

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Good Morning Johanna and Gerhard,

We will try and have it in the last week of November this year. Maybe on a Thursday (30th) this time? Does anybody know of any other GIS related meetings on or around that date? Anything later would approach the holiday season already.

Regards

Immo

On 26/09/2017 10:00, JohannaMAK via qgis-za-user wrote:

[...]

Immo F. Blecher
Street:
52 Lynedoch Eco Village, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
Postal: 52 Lynedoch Eco Village, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
Cell: +27 83 272 6791 | Fax: +27 86 7363302 Email: [hidden email] | [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Internet: http://www.blecher.co.za/

Contact me: [hidden email] immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

immo.vcf (317 bytes) Download Attachment