[QGIS-ZA-user] Our 6th QGIS User Group Meeting - 2nd and final announcement

[QGIS-ZA-user] Our 6th QGIS User Group Meeting - 2nd and final announcement

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Dear QGIS User Group Member,

This is the 2nd and final announcement for our User Group meeting on 2 May 2019. I can promise you that there are a couple of exciting talks lined up at both the Gauteng and Mowbray venues. And we are trying to register both meetings for CPD points, so it will be worth joining us!

Register for the meeting here: https://forms.gle/CckWasvEjd7qFvU28

The venues and programmes so far are:

Gauteng Meeting (2 May 2019):

Venue: Eskom Academy of Learning, Dale Rd, Komati House Building, Midrand (please report to security, have positive identification and get directions)

Programme:

9:00 - 9:30 Registration and informal talk with coffee/tea

9:30 - 10:00 General UG issues and progress with CPD registrations

10:00 - 11:00 Technical talk by Kathleen Godfrey - Livelihoods hotspots mapping in the Okavango and Zambezi river basins using QGIS

11:00 - 12:00 Technical Talk by Gerhard Brits - Creating an Open Source Web Mapping Application - QGIS Styling and Labelling

12:00 - 13:00 Light Lunch (please bring donations for the cup at registration desk)

13:00 - 14:00 Technical Talk 3 - Waiting for confirmation

14:00 - 15:00 (open-end) Discussions and Demonstrations around QGIS bugs, questions, fixes, work-arounds etc.

15:00 Closing remarks

Cape Town/Mowbray (2 May 2019):

Venue: C-Block conference room, DRDLR Chief Directorate: National Geo-spatial Information

Programme:

9:00 - 9:30 Registration and informal talk with coffee/tea

9:30 - 10:00 General UG issues and progress with CPD registrations

10:00 - 11:00 Technical Talk by Frank Sokolic - Advanced Labelling Techniques in QGIS: Rule-based labelling and data-driven labelling

11:00 - 12:00 Technical Talk by Muhammed (Shaakir) Deal - Using the Atlas Tool to display point feature attribute information over multiple regions of interest

12:00 - 13:00 Light Lunch (please bring donations for the cup at registration desk)

13:00 - 14:00 Technical Talk by Immo Blecher - Using QGIS to produce web-based OpenLayers/Leaflet maps - Tools and limitations

14:00 - 15:00 (open-end) Discussions and Demonstrations around QGIS bugs, questions, fixes, work-arounds etc. (e.g. scaling issues with  XYZ tiled maps)

15:00 Closing remarks

So please register...it is not too late. The link to the Google registration form is:

https://forms.gle/CckWasvEjd7qFvU28

See you all there!!

--

Immo F. Blecher
Street:

Contact me: [hidden email] immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.