[QGIS-ZA-user] Next QGIS User Group Meeting - In Case you did not get the Form from Google

[QGIS-ZA-user] Next QGIS User Group Meeting - In Case you did not get the Form from Google

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Dear QGIS User Group Member,

It is time again to meet up and share not only QGIS related things, but also anything valuable around GISs and spatial data in general. With all the holidays in April we have decided to have both our meetings in Gauteng and Cape Town on the 2nd of May 2019.

We would also like to invite UG members from the other provinces to consider setting up  these meetings in their area as there is clearly a need outside Gauteng and Cape Town, which are not always easy to reach. Please contact myself or Gerhard and we will gladly share the list of users in your area with anybody who is willing to offer their valuable time to organise these meetings.

The programme for our next meeting is not cast in stone and we would encourage anyone of you to present something on QGIS, or anything related, and also bring your laptop if you need help with anything or want to show us what you have achieved. We are sure there are many wonderful examples of projects where QGIS has been used successfully (or not), especially where new features have been tried and tested. Please let us know as soon as possible whether you can do something in this respect, whether it will be a presentation or a Q&A/HowTo or anything else. We will send out the programme with our 2nd announcement in about 2 weeks time.

This time we will also try and register for CPD points for the meeting, process of which is already underway. Unfortunately this involves some money and we are therefore looking for potential sponsors for the fees payable for the registration of the UG meeting with SAGI, GISSA or IMSSA or directly with the SAGC. I am sure that follow-up meetings, which are a lot cheaper, can be paid for with the donations collected during the meetings (if there is money left after the pizzas are paid for :D).

See you all there!

Immo and Gerhard
[hidden email], [hidden email]

Please use the link below to access the form to register for the meeting:

https://forms.gle/sEU6zDQ7dq4A13yq6

--

Immo F. Blecher
Street:

Contact me: [hidden email] immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Re: Next QGIS User Group Meeting - In Case you did not get the Form from Google

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi All,

I would like to organize our meeting in Durban, please get in touch with me.

Regards
Khaye Mhlongo
eThekwini Municipality
GIS Support Analysts

Sent from my iPhone

On 02 Apr 2019, at 14:44, Immo Blecher via qgis-za-user <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Khaye,

I am supportive of a QGis meeting in Durban.

Regards
Brian O'Leary