[QGIS-ZA-user] ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

[QGIS-ZA-user] ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi,
A quick google didn't help.

Is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of environment variables
to set, so that I get full functionality using powershell instead of
osgeo4w shell?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Re: ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Zoltan

Never tried using power shell for QGIS, but you should be able to do it using a similar procedure to what I describe here:

Regards

Tim

On 03 Feb 2018, at 18:09, Zoltan via qgis-za-user <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
A quick google didn't help.

Is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of environment variables to set, so that I get full functionality using powershell instead of osgeo4w shell?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Thanks Tim - will look into this.
(more command-line gdal needed, than qgis - setting only PATH in powershell leaves out other settings needed by gdal)

Kind regards,
Zoltan

Re: ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi

So if you want to use GDAL via powershell or cmd you need have three environmental variables set.

GDAL_DATA = set to the gdal-data folder of your gdal install. In my cases "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdal-data"
GDAL_DRIVER_PATH =  set to the gdalplugins folder of your gdal install. In my case "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins"
You need to add gdal to the GDAL path variable. Add it to the end of the list by adding a ; . My path is "C:\Program Files\GDAL"

I hope the above helps.

Regards

Re: ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Thanks Gerhard. :-)

On 2018-02-05 09:49, Gerhard Brits via qgis-za-user wrote:

> Hi
>

> So if you want to use GDAL via powershell or cmd you need have three environmental variables set.
>
> GDAL_DATA = set to the gdal-data folder of your gdal install. In my cases "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdal-data"
> GDAL_DRIVER_PATH =  set to the gdalplugins folder of your gdal install. In my case "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins"
> You need to add gdal to the GDAL path variable. Add it to the end of the list by adding a ; . My path is "C:\Program Files\GDAL"
>
> I hope the above helps.
>
> Regards

[QGIS-ZA-user] VRT stacking order

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Is there a (repeatable) way to specify the stacking order of rasters in
a VRT?
Maybe by adding them one by one, oldest first?

The National orthos in South Africa have an overlap region and as they
are flown in different time periods, I want to specify the stacking
order and not 'blend' the pixels or put older ones on top when viewing
the VRT.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Re: VRT stacking order

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Hi Zoltan

On 03/16/2018 10:18 AM, Zoltan via qgis-za-user wrote:
Hi,
Is there a (repeatable) way to specify the stacking order of rasters in a VRT?
Maybe by adding them one by one, oldest first?
Have you tried using the plugin Virtual-raster-builder. It provides a nice GUI for creating stacks and it might do what you want to do.

Regards

The National orthos in South Africa have an overlap region and as they are flown in different time periods, I want to specify the stacking order and not 'blend' the pixels or put older ones on top when viewing the VRT.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Re: VRT stacking order

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Zoltan

If there is some amount of spatial overlapping between files, the order of files appearing in the list of source matter: files that are listed at the end are the ones from which the content will be fetched.

from http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html

On 16 Mar 2018, at 11:34, Mazano via qgis-za-user <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mazano,
Will take a look - thanks.
Regards,
Zoltan

On 2018/03/16 11:34, Mazano wrote:

[...]

Hi Gavin,
Cool - I missed that bit of the blurb.
What's nice is that it allows one to script the build-vrt process and use parts of filenames as your processing order :-)  (rather than alphabetical etc)
Regards & thanks,
Zoltan