[QGIS-ZA-user] Adding Shapefiles onto a New Map Using Bonn

[QGIS-ZA-user] Adding Shapefiles onto a New Map Using Bonn

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Good day everybody,

I am having trouble adding Shapefiles in a new map using Bonn (QGIS Desktop 3.2.3 with GRASS 7.4.1). I have lost a few Shapefiles because of this. What is the problem and how can one resolve this. This version is really not working for me.

Regards,

Dwight

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email and its attachments is both confidential and subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified not to read, disclose copy or use the contents thereof in any manner whatsoever, but are kindly requested to notify the sender and delete it immediately. This e-mail message does not create any legally binding contract between Transnet SOC LTD and the recipient, unless the contrary is specifically stated. Statements and opinions expressed in e-mails may not represent those of Transnet SOC LTD. While Transnet will take reasonable precautions, it cannot give any guarantee or warrant that this email will be free of virus infections, errors, interception and, therefore, cannot be held liable for any loss or damages incurred by the recipient, as a result of any of the above-mentioned factors.

Re: Adding Shapefiles onto a New Map Using Bonn

QGIS-za-user mailing list
Hi Dwight,

Can you please be more specific about what happens when you add the shapefile? Also is it possible for you to upgrade to 3.4.1 the new LTR?

Regards
Sven

118110809164300329.png (30K) Download Attachment

Re: Adding Shapefiles onto a New Map Using Bonn

QGIS-za-user mailing list

Hi Dwight

I have been using version 3 now for some time and have never had this problem.

Is it not a CRS problem and that layer is appearing somewhere else on the planet due to usage of an incorrect CRS?

Regards

Arthur Taute
Chief Technical Principal, Pavements and Toll Roads
M +27 83 274 8885   T +27 12 481 3821