QGIS: Wrong scale units

H.S.Rai
I am new to QGIS.

I found on QGIS, scale which should read about 100km, shows 1m.

Can any one help me how to set it correct? Is there any issue with
projection system? I am using QGIS0.7.4 on Ubuntu6.06.2

I converted .nmea file from GPS logger, to GPX, then that is converted
to shape format, which I am viewing using QGIS. The area I am covering
is in Punjab (India).

With regards,

--
H.S.Rai
http://hs.raiandrai.com/

Re: QGIS: Wrong scale units

Carlos Dávila
H.S.Rai escribió:
> I am new to QGIS.
>
> I found on QGIS, scale which should read about 100km, shows 1m.
>
> Can any one help me how to set it correct? Is there any issue with
> projection system? I am using QGIS0.7.4 on Ubuntu6.06.2

0.7.4 is really old version. You should update to current version
(0.9.1). You can get it here: http://download.qgis.org/