[QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

[QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

ginetto
Hi

Registration is open for the next International QGIS User Conference and Developer Meeting

Conference will take place in the week from 04 to 06 March 2019 in A Coruña (Spain).

Event page and registration: 2019.qgis.es
Workshop and demo program - March 4th and 5th.
Definitive talk program: Track 1Track 2 - March 6th.
Online registration will close next February 24th

Any info can be asked to:[hidden email]

The International QGIS User and Developer Conference wants to be the referential conference, and a meeting point for the family of users and developers orbiting around the QGIS project, in order to gather experiences and sharing knowledge about QGIS. The language of the Conference is English.

The event is organised by the Spanish QGIS Association [1], the Spanish user group, and the Galician Xeoinquedos community [2] with the help of Coruña municipality [3] and Ingenieria de Camino [4] of the A Coruña University.
The event is under the QGIS.org umbrella.

Conference fees:
   * Regular fee: 80€
   * Workshop fees: 40€ per workshop
   * Students/Unemployed/Retired fee: 40€ (20€ for workshops)

Luigi Pirelli on behalf of the organisation committee.

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi Luigi,

Thanks: DONE

How big is the Hackfest venue?
Because we are already on 50 now

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/22nd-Developer-Meeting-in-A-Coru%C3%B1a,-Spain#register

I'm ok with that... it's more that we (uh, you) have to accomodate this :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 2/14/19 4:04 PM, Luigi Pirelli wrote:

> Hi
> *
> *
> *Registration is open* for the
> next *International QGIS User Conference and Developer Meeting*
>
> Conference* *will take place in the week from *04 to 06 **March** **2019
> in A Coruña (Spain).*
>
> *Event page and registration: 2019.qgis.es <http://2019.qgis.es/>*
> Workshop and demo program
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jscFi1QmcaaHmc6XmvbKMXkg9vWyQ8OttmMnkC9QLr0/edit#gid=1528479278> -
> March 4th and 5th.
> Definitive talk program: Track 1
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jscFi1QmcaaHmc6XmvbKMXkg9vWyQ8OttmMnkC9QLr0/edit#gid=1257947789>, Track
> 2
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jscFi1QmcaaHmc6XmvbKMXkg9vWyQ8OttmMnkC9QLr0/edit#gid=2133168314> -
> March 6th.
> *Online registration will close next February 24th*
>
> Any info can be asked to: *[hidden email]*
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> The International QGIS User and Developer Conference wants to be the
> referential conference, and a meeting point for the family of users and
> developers orbiting around the QGIS project, in order to gather
> experiences and sharing knowledge about QGIS. The language of
> the Conference is English.
>
> The event is organised by the *Spanish QGIS Association* [1], the
> Spanish user group, and the Galician *Xeoinquedos* community [2] with
> the help of *A Coruña municipality* [3] and *Ingenieria de Camino *[4]
> of the A Coruña University.
> The event is under the *QGIS.org* umbrella.
>
> Conference fees:
>    * Regular fee: 80€
>    * Workshop fees: 40€ per workshop
>    * Students/Unemployed/Retired fee: 40€ (20€ for workshops)
>
> [1] http://qgis.es/
> [2] https://xeoinquedos.wordpress.com/
> [3] https://www.coruna.gal/
> [4] http://caminos.udc.es/
>
> Luigi Pirelli on behalf of the organisation committee.

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Luigi,

I also wonder about it. Are you prepared to handle 50+ people?

From our budget side, I also fear that the meeting will be more expensive than usual, but that is ok. If we also get a lot of help by the participants, then it will be compensated ;-)

I also think it is vital to make dinner reservations for every evening - it will be impossible to find something ad hoc.

Greetings,

Andreas

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

ginetto
Hi

I booked for two dinners resturants Friday just by the hack meeting an Saturday in the center where will end a touristic guide. Remain day 8 that i 'm still looking for a good nearby place. About launch I agreed to bring food from a nearby bar that is able to cook for us and is cheep... Just we have to notify the numbers the day before.
I'll send menu and budgets...

On Friday, 15 February 2019, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Luigi,

I also wonder about it. Are you prepared to handle 50+ people?

From our budget side, I also fear that the meeting will be more expensive than usual, but that is ok. If we also get a lot of help by the participants, then it will be compensated ;-)

On 2019-02-15 14:15, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

Hi Luigi,

[...]

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

ginetto
Just another note,

the municipality enhanced Wifi with many access points to manage massive envent... we dis some stress tests a week ago (ant late today too) but without having the possibility to simulate more that 30 connections visualizing 4k videos. We saw that the Wifi allow only port 80 and 22 if we need more open port for the event, we need to comunicate! we do not have control of infrastructure....

without other ports available who need to use custom ports need to prepare a way to tunnel or use a vpn... but we do not manage this if not communicated in time.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 14:32, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Luigi,

I also wonder about it. Are you prepared to handle 50+ people?

From our budget side, I also fear that the meeting will be more expensive than usual, but that is ok. If we also get a lot of help by the participants, then it will be compensated ;-)

I also think it is vital to make dinner reservations for every evening - it will be impossible to find something ad hoc.

Greetings,

Andreas

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Online registration will close next February 24th

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Luigi,

Thanks - good to know that there is a good Wifi.

I assume that port 443 would also be open - right? This would be absolutely necessary - more important than port 80.

Andreas