QGIS UserConf 2019. Financial support request. Estimated budget attached

QGIS UserConf 2019. Financial support request. Estimated budget attached

ginetto
Hi

OSGEO and QGIS boards, I'm Luigi Pirelli, writing on behalf of the "Asociaciòn QGIS España" and Xeoinquedos Galicia, that is the organisation committee for the next QGIS User Conference and developer meeting.

With this mail we officially ask for financial contribution of the event.

Attached you can find the estimated budget of the event in which we added two income related to OSGEO and QGIS.org financial support of the event. The amounts has been set basing on previous user conf financed by OSGEO and QGIS.org.

Please let us know any information or detail necessary to facilitate the process.

Luigi Pirelli on behalf of the organisation committee

Budget User Conference QGIS 2019.pdf (101K) Download Attachment

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Financial support request no more necessary!

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi Luigi,

This is excellent to hear! Thanks for the information.

Andreas

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 10:29, Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi OSGeo board

we are closing all financial aspects related with QGIS User Conf 2019 in A Coruña

Still waiting for Municipality refund they promised, but without this money we still are in active with 1778€

so We can safely avoid to use the 3000€ OSGeo sponsorship you put in the budget for 2019. IMHO can be used to finance other OSGeo events.

thank you to offer financial support. We were able to organize the event with less worry.

regards

Luigi Pirelli

p.s.ñ in days we'll publish all video of the conference

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 00:50, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks great! We are currently setting our budget for 2019 so we cannot respond right away.

Reading to see what form of financial support are you looking for:
Looking at the attachment it is a request for 4.000€. Since QGIS and OSGeo are listed separately than sponsors probably as a host of the event.
- We tend to like hosting events (some financial risk but a chance to support earlier) rather than sponsorship (we do not need to compete for visibility with sponsors who are working with limited marketing budgets) ...
- Is this support you are asking for from OSGeo directly, or is it to be part of the budget request from the QGIS team?
- the board is thinking of having an event budget (draft 10k) to support events such as this, perhaps we should increase the amount?
- Are you looking for just a transfer of funds or are you looking at osgeo taking on some financial risk (which is handy if sponsorship does not come through)

--
Jody Garnett

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 14:49, Luigi Pirelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

OSGEO and QGIS boards, I'm Luigi Pirelli, writing on behalf of the "Asociaciòn QGIS España" and Xeoinquedos Galicia, that is the organisation committee for the next QGIS User Conference and developer meeting.

With this mail we officially ask for financial contribution of the event.

Attached you can find the estimated budget of the event in which we added two income related to OSGEO and QGIS.org financial support of the event. The amounts has been set basing on previous user conf financed by OSGEO and QGIS.org.

Please let us know any information or detail necessary to facilitate the process.

Luigi Pirelli on behalf of the organisation committee

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Financial support request no more necessary!

pcav
Compliments for the excellent management of the budget!
Cheers.

On 15/04/19 11:37, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> [...]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>             Hi
>
>             OSGEO and QGIS boards, I'm Luigi Pirelli, writing on behalf
>             of the "Asociaciòn QGIS España" <http://qgis.es/>and
>             Xeoinquedos <http://xeoinquedos.eu/> Galicia, that is the
>             organisation committee for the next QGIS User Conference and
>             developer meeting. <http://2019.qgis.es/>
>
>             With this mail we officially ask for financial contribution
>             of the event.
>
>             Attached you can find the estimated budget of the event in
>             which we added two income related to OSGEO and QGIS.org
>             financial support of the event. The amounts has been set
>             basing on previous user conf financed by OSGEO and QGIS.org.
>
>             Please let us know any information or detail necessary to
>             facilitate the process.
>
>             Luigi Pirelli on behalf of the organisation committee

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: [QGIS UserConf 2019] Financial support request no more necessary!

Tim Sutton-6
Well done Luigi and organising team!

Regards

Tim

[...]