QGIS User Group South Africa - 2nd announcement for the Meetings

QGIS User Group South Africa - 2nd announcement for the Meetings

Immo Blecher
Google Forms
Having trouble with viewing or submitting this form?
Fill in using Google Forms
Dear QGIS UG Member,

We are glad to announce that we already had a huge response to our first mailshot and an almost equal amount of members have registered for the Gauteng and Cape Town meetings. And it is not too late to register for either of the meetings on the 10th in Gauteng and the 17th in Mowbray/Cape Town. Just have a look at the programme, which makes you want to be there:

Gauteng:

09:00 - 09:15 - Registration
09:15 - 09:30 - Introduction and House Keeping
09:30 - 10:15 - Creating a Dynamic Labelling Atlas by Gerhard Brits
10:15 - 11:00 - Concurrent Editing with QGIS and Oracle by Gerhard Brits
11:00 - 11:30 - Tea Break
11:30 - 12:15 - Emulating the NGI 1:50000 Topo sheets with QGIS and GeoServer by Gavin Flemming
12:15 - 13:00 - Using QField for data collection by Keagen Liebenberg
13:00 - 13:30 - Light Lunch
13:30 - 14:15 - Using QGIS for small scale agriculture mapping by Gavin Flemming
14:15 - 15:00 - Interactive Discussion and problem solving (please bring your laptop!)
15:00 - Closure

For Cape Town we have so far:

9:15 - 09:30 - Registration
09:30 - 10:00 - Feedback from the previous meetings in Mowbray and Pretoria (CPD Points etc.)
10:00 - 10:45 - Data preparation for Data cube using ArcGIS (no QGIS) by Dave Mc Kelly
10:45 - 11:30 - Technical Talk 2 (waiting for title, please come forward if you want to present something)
11:30 - 11:45 Coffee/tea break
11:45 - 12:30 Groundwater Database for the City of Cape Town and Environs - a web-based map visualisation tool by Immo Blecher
12:30 - 13:15 - Light lunch
13:15 - 14:30 - Getting a web mapping service going with PostgreSQL, QGIS Server and QWC2 Web Client - Challenges and Successes (a bit technical!) by Immo Blecher
14:30 - Open end demonstrations, sharing of projects, problems, issues, bugs and possible solutions
~ 15:30 - Closure

If this does not excite you, what will?

The Cape Town meeting is still 3 weeks away so there is plenty of time to prepare a little presentation on anything you have done on QGIS, FOSSGIS or any GIS data project. Please let us know!

Regards, and see you all there!
Gerhard and Immo
QGIS User Group South Africa - Meeting
Please indicate below whether you would like to attend our 7th South African QGIS User Group Meetings in Gauteng/Cape Town. Please do not register if you know now already that you will most probably not be able to make it. The organisation of these meetings takes a lot of time and effort which is dependent on the number of participants.

You are encouraged to bring your PC/laptop to demonstrate something you have done or to try and find answers to problems you encounter. See you all there!

    QGIS User Group South Africa

    Captionless Image
Create your own Google Form