QGIS Meetup on Monday June 20th 2016

Randal Hale
Just to make sure this isn't a duplicated email........and one last shout into the void.

DON'T PANIC

There will be a QGIS users group meeting in Chattanooga TN June 20th from 3:30 to 7:00 EST at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. UTC has kindly donated their GIS Lab.

Address:
701 East ML King BLVD
Chattanooga TN

I've had several people ask for an informal "Learn about QGIS session". So we're covering a few subjects in detail about QGIS - which should lead to more questions and more talk. There will also be an informal discussion about continuing this going forward in some shape or form. For this meetup some knowledge of GIS would be good as we don't have a lot of time to go "This is a vector". There are no snacks/food provided -  BUT - we plan on ending this at one of the fine breweries around the area. Right now my vote is Hutton and Smith (if open and I doubt it) or Chattanooga Brewing which is a short car ride from the lab. I will tweet/email/do something over this list as the class nears it's end to alert you to "beer".

Agenda:
  • QGIS Community
  • How to install QGIS
  • Data Formats
  • Data Display
  • Making a Map

If you get 90% of the way there and get lost:

423.653.3611

OR

https://goo.gl/maps/dsnm9H8fRJx  <- you'll do better using this than calling me (but call me if you want).

OR