QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd

Ivan Mincik
Hi all,
is anybody using QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd and FastCGI ? Is QGIS projects update working without Lighttpd restart ?

Can somebody share Lighttpd config ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd

Larry_S
Hi Ivan,

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Ivan Minčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
is anybody using QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd and FastCGI ? Is QGIS projects update working without Lighttpd restart ?

Can somebody share Lighttpd config ?

The labeling unit tests use qgis_local_server.py [0] to auto-launch and control a lighttpd/spawn-fcgi configuration [1] of independent processes. You can see the parameters passed to the start/stop/restart shell scripts here [2], for Debian and Mac (sorry no Windows yet, but please contribute one if you can).

Note: this is a local-only setup, merely to save PNGs of server output to compare against control images and other rasterized output. It is by no means secure, or robust; but, it is a working setup from which you can start. Also, it uses very minimal resources.

Good luck, and please contribute any working configs you come up with for a production setup, so they can be included in the Server Tutorial.

I am planning on adding a lighttpd/spawn-fgi and Nginx/(spawn-fgi or uWSGI) setup configs section for the Server Tutorial, just not sure when.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota

On 07/09/2014 08:37 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Ivan Minčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, is anybody using QGIS Mapserver with Lighttpd and FastCGI ? Is
>> QGIS projects update working without Lighttpd restart ?
>>
>> Can somebody share Lighttpd config ?
>>

> The labeling unit tests use qgis_local_server.py [0] to auto-launch and
> control a lighttpd/spawn-fcgi configuration [1] of independent processes.
> You can see the parameters passed to the start/stop/restart shell scripts
> here [2], for Debian and Mac (sorry no Windows yet, but please contribute
> one if you can).
>
> Note: this is a local-only setup, merely to save PNGs of server output to
> compare against control images and other rasterized output. It is by no
> means secure, or robust; but, it is a working setup from which you can
> start. Also, it uses very minimal resources.
>
> Good luck, and please contribute any working configs you come up with for
> a production setup, so they can be included in the Server Tutorial.
>
> I am planning on adding a lighttpd/spawn-fgi and Nginx/(spawn-fgi or
> uWSGI) setup configs section for the Server Tutorial, just not sure when.
>
> [0]
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/tests/src/python/qgis_local_server.py

[1]
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/tests/testdata/qgis_local_server
> [2]
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/tests/src/python/qgis_local_server.py#L164-L236
>
>  Regards,
>
> Larry Shaffer Dakota Cartography Black Hills, South Dakota

Thanks a lot Larry.

- --
Ivan Minčík
[hidden email]   GPG: 0x79529A1E  http://imincik.github.io/0x79529A1E.key