QGIS Logo

Nathan Woodrow
Hey all,

In order to close another blocking issue off the list I would like to propose that we run with the vector version of the current logo that has been created in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688.
This logo still looks the same but being vector will look much nicer. The logo is currently used on Facebook, Google+, Flickr, GIS.SE, and looks pretty good.

After 2.0 is out and we form a design group we can look at a more revamped logo.

If everyone is happy with this logo I will go though and update all the old logos with the new vector version so we can close that ticket.

- Nathan

Re: QGIS Logo

Mathieu Pellerin

+1  for agreeing on a logo across the board.

If vector proposal agreed, it'd also be a good opportunity to add high resolution icons for application shortcuts on Win / Linux / OSX. By 2013, qgis is the only low res icon on my desktop :)

On 14 Jul 2013 19:43, "Nathan Woodrow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

In order to close another blocking issue off the list I would like to propose that we run with the vector version of the current logo that has been created in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688.
This logo still looks the same but being vector will look much nicer. The logo is currently used on Facebook, Google+, Flickr, GIS.SE, and looks pretty good.

After 2.0 is out and we form a design group we can look at a more revamped logo.

If everyone is happy with this logo I will go though and update all the old logos with the new vector version so we can close that ticket.

- Nathan

Re: QGIS Logo

macho
+1 as long as we don't have a better one :)
If you need some help in putting it somewhere on the webpage just drop
me a note (and send me the logo)

regards
Werner

Re: QGIS Logo

Larry_S

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Nathan Woodrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

In order to close another blocking issue off the list I would like to propose that we run with the vector version of the current logo that has been created in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688.
This logo still looks the same but being vector will look much nicer. The logo is currently used on Facebook, Google+, Flickr, GIS.SE, and looks pretty good.

After 2.0 is out and we form a design group we can look at a more revamped logo.

If everyone is happy with this logo I will go though and update all the old logos with the new vector version so we can close that ticket.

+1 for using the vectorized logo for 2.0 release.

In addition to resolving this, it would be timely to address that the standalone QGIS browser needs a distinct QGIS-based icon (see issue 5848 [0]). There are two versions noted on that page, but I think a different badge, or maybe different color 'Q', is in order, to easily differentiate the two apps when listed side-by-side at 16x16 in file system folder list views.

The one I made has been in use in the Mac version for awhile, but I think it is barely adequate when view in the Mac dock at smaller sizes. It would be good to have several new versions to choose from.

[0] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5848

Regards,

Larry

- Nathan

Re: QGIS Logo

Sandro Santilli-2
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:43:26PM +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> In order to close another blocking issue off the list I would like to
> propose that we run with the vector version of the current logo that has
> been created in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688.
> This logo still looks the same but being vector will look much nicer. The
> logo is currently used on Facebook, Google+, Flickr, GIS.SE, and looks
> pretty good.
>
> After 2.0 is out and we form a design group we can look at a more revamped
> logo.
>
> If everyone is happy with this logo I will go though and update all the old
> logos with the new vector version so we can close that ticket.

+1

--strk;

Re: QGIS Logo

Alexander Bruy
Hi all,

what is the final decision on this?

--
Alexander Bruy

Re: QGIS Logo

Nathan Woodrow
Hey Alex,

We are going with the svg that is assigned to that ticket for this release.

- Nathan

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

what is the final decision on this?

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:43:26PM +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> In order to close another blocking issue off the list I would like to
> propose that we run with the vector version of the current logo that has
> been created in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6688.
> This logo still looks the same but being vector will look much nicer. The
> logo is currently used on Facebook, Google+, Flickr, GIS.SE, and looks
> pretty good.
>
> After 2.0 is out and we form a design group we can look at a more revamped
> logo.
>
> If everyone is happy with this logo I will go though and update all the old
> logos with the new vector version so we can close that ticket.

--
Alexander Bruy

Re: QGIS Logo

Mathieu Pellerin
Small reminder: neither the QGIS application shortcut (on linux and windows OSes) nor the logo used in the About QGIS window are using the above mentioned SVG.