QGIS Indonesia Meetup #1

Ismail Sunni
Dear all,

First, please apologize me if this post may not be in suitable for this mailing list and perhaps not interesting for most of the member :)

I just want to share the first QGIS Indonesia meet up. It will be held at Gadjah Mada University in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on 29 February 2020. In this meetup, there will be a sharing session, technical session, and discussion about the QGIS Indonesia community itself. Below is the agenda that we have:

Sharing Session:
  1. The growth of open-source GIS (QGIS and Geoserver) in Indonesia by Ibnu Rosyadi
  2. Land cover mapping by using machine learning and land change by using cellular automata on QGIS by Nur M. Farda
  3. Basic GRASS in QGIS by Firman Hadi
  4. The uses of QGIS in the forest and environmental management by Afandi Ahmad
  5. QGIS for village mapping by Eko Kalisno
Technical session:
  1. Bug reporting on QGIS and QGIS community's activities around the world by Ismail Sunni
  2. Translating QGIS to Bahasa Indonesia by Adi Kurniawan
  3. Creating graphical modeler on QGIS by M. Iqnaul
  4. Basic QGIS by M. Anshori
For more information (in Bahasa Indonesia) you can visit https://qgis-id.github.io/#meetup

There are still some spots left, you can contact me if you are interested. We got a bigger room than initially, that can accommodate around 80 people (compared to 50 initially). And we are still open for sponsorship also :)

I am posting this just in case there are some Indonesian (or people who can speak Bahasa Indonesia) in this mailing list who are not aware of QGIS Indonesia (soon to be) User Group. We are still a new baby (although already active in our Telegram group with 500 members) and trying to gather more and more people to join us.

If you are interested, you can join us on our Telegram group (https://t.me/qgisindonesia), and see you there :)

Thanks

Best Regards

--
Ismail Sunni
Software Engineer

Re: QGIS Indonesia Meetup #1

pcav
Great news, thanks Ismail!

On 27 February 2020 07:56:36 CET, Ismail Sunni <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Please excuse my brevity.

Re: QGIS Indonesia Meetup #1

labrinos

Dear Ismail,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your group and your
activities. It is very interesting to let others know about the
forming of groups like yours and also about your meetings.
As Editor in Chief of GeoForAll
(https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/) Newsletter I will
announce your meeting in the next issue (March issue).
I would like to invite you to have a look at the Newsletter
(https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/geo-newsletters-archive/) which
is devoted to the Open Source and Free geospatial software.
I think that it would be very interesting to send me (if you think so)
an abstract of the results of your meeting to be published in the
Newsletter.

Looking forward to getting more news from you and your group
Nikos Lambrinos

--
Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας

Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
Professor of Geography Teaching
Director of the Sector of Science and New Technologies
President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
Faculty of Education
School of Primary Education
Dept. of Science and New Technologies
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
GR-54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310 991201
Email: [hidden email]
Web Page:     http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/
              http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/
              https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits

Re: QGIS Indonesia Meetup #1

Rizky Maulana Nugraha-2
Thank you for sharing, Ismail!
Cheers from a fellow Indonesian here.
Hopefully the first meetup can raise more awareness for QGIS and OSGEO community in general.

Wish you all the best for the event!

Rizky Maulana Nugraha
On 27 Feb 2020 14.37 +0700, [hidden email], wrote:

[...]

Muhammad Iqnaul Haq
Thanks for spreading the good news Ismail! Helping us to support the QGIS Indonesia User Group since the first time.

We hope QGIS Indonesia user group can contribute more to QGIS Project, shares ideas and communicate with other QGIS user groups.

If anyone interested to join our 1st meetup, you may watch the live streaming on our youtube channel http://bit.ly/qgisid-youtube which will be live on Sat Feb 29 at 9am (GMT +7).

Appreciate your support guys!
Best regards

M Iqnaul