[QGIS-Developer] save QgsRasterCalculator output file in ascii format (.asc and .xyz)

[QGIS-Developer] save QgsRasterCalculator output file in ascii format (.asc and .xyz)

Roberta Fagandini-2
Hi devs,
I'm using theĀ QgsRasterCalculator within a python plugin and I would like to save the output file in ascii format but it seems to be not available. Is it right?
A solution could be to save the output file as virtual raster and then translate it. Are there other possible solution to directly save the output in ascii format or to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance,
Roberta

Re: save QgsRasterCalculator output file in ascii format (.asc and .xyz)

Nyall Dawson
On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 20:30, Roberta Fagandini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> I'm using the QgsRasterCalculator within a python plugin and I would like to save the output file in ascii format but it seems to be not available. Is it right?
> A solution could be to save the output file as virtual raster and then translate it. Are there other possible solution to directly save the output in ascii format or to speed up the process?

It's currently not possible to do this directly -- but it would be a
very welcome improvement to have in the core QGIS
libraries/application.

Nyall