[QGIS-Developer] qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

[QGIS-Developer] qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Vincent Schut-4
Hi all,

since https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7383 and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7384 were merged, qgis crashes with a
segfault when rendering a 2-band byte raster. A sample tif is attached.
When opening and enabling this raster, qgis immediately crashes.

If you need more info, please let me know. I'm more than happy to debug
or test things.

Best,
Vincent.

2bandbytetest.tif (230 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Martin Dobias
Hi Vincent

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Vincent Schut <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7383 and
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7384 were merged, qgis crashes with a
> segfault when rendering a 2-band byte raster. A sample tif is attached. When
> opening and enabling this raster, qgis immediately crashes.

Thanks for the report and sorry about that - fixed now on master in a9c017

Regards
Martin

Re: qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Vincent Schut-4
Thanks for the fast fix, I'll rebuild and test.

regards,
Vincent.

On 07/10/2018 02:39 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi Vincent
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Vincent Schut <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7383 and
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7384 were merged, qgis crashes with a
>> segfault when rendering a 2-band byte raster. A sample tif is attached. When
>> opening and enabling this raster, qgis immediately crashes.
> Thanks for the report and sorry about that - fixed now on master in a9c017
>
> Regards
> Martin

Re: qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Vincent Schut-4
Hi Martin,

I just recompiled, but unfortunately this still crashes for me. Did it
work for you with the 2-band byte tif I attached?

cheers,
Vincent.

On 07/10/2018 02:39 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi Vincent
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Vincent Schut <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7383 and
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7384 were merged, qgis crashes with a
>> segfault when rendering a 2-band byte raster. A sample tif is attached. When
>> opening and enabling this raster, qgis immediately crashes.
> Thanks for the report and sorry about that - fixed now on master in a9c017
>
> Regards
> Martin

Re: qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Martin Dobias
Hi Vincent

I have tried on master branch again and I do not get crash with the
2-band tif file you have attached anymore. Which code revision is
shown in the about box of QGIS in your build?

Cheers
Martin

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Vincent Schut <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I just recompiled, but unfortunately this still crashes for me. Did it work
> for you with the 2-band byte tif I attached?
>
> cheers,
> Vincent.
>
> On 07/10/2018 02:39 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vincent
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Vincent Schut <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> since https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7383 and
>>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7384 were merged, qgis crashes with a
>>> segfault when rendering a 2-band byte raster. A sample tif is attached.
>>> When
>>> opening and enabling this raster, qgis immediately crashes.
>>
>> Thanks for the report and sorry about that - fixed now on master in a9c017
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin

Re: qgis crashes on 2band byte raster since recent raster optimizations

Vincent Schut-4
Hi Martin,

You're right, it's working correctly now. Sorry for the noise.
(I'm using both qgis2 and 3 side by side, by having a different install
prefix for qgis3. However, in my hurry to recompile from scratch I
deleted all my ccmake files and forgot to set the alternative install
prefix when configuring again, so qgis3 was picking up my old libs.)

thanks again!
Vincent.