[QGIS-Developer] loadLayerDefinition does not respect relative path from qlr file

[QGIS-Developer] loadLayerDefinition does not respect relative path from qlr file

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Devs,

I have found a bug in 2.18 that annoy me a lot:
* I can't load a layer definition in an existing project because the
relative path in the layer definition is interpreted from the project
file and not the layer definition file (.qlr)

So the layer definition can only be used in an not already saved project.

Do you know, how to force the absolute path ?

Re: loadLayerDefinition does not respect relative path from qlr file

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Devs,

I will propose a PR to fix it.

Regards,
René-Luc

Le 06/11/2017 à 17:23, René-Luc Dhont a écrit :

> Hi Devs,
>
> I have found a bug in 2.18 that annoy me a lot:
> * I can't load a layer definition in an existing project because the
> relative path in the layer definition is interpreted from the project
> file and not the layer definition file (.qlr)
>
> So the layer definition can only be used in an not already saved project.
>
> Do you know, how to force the absolute path ?
>
> Regards,

Re: loadLayerDefinition does not respect relative path from qlr file

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Devs,

I have found the issue: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15656 that has
been closed because the issue has been fixed in master. I reopened it
because it has not been fixed in LTRs.

I have opened a Pull Request to fix it in 2.18
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5553

Regards,

René-Luc