[QGIS-Developer] Why does the QGIS 3 OSGeo4W Shell Default to Python 2

[QGIS-Developer] Why does the QGIS 3 OSGeo4W Shell Default to Python 2

Helmut Kudrnovsky
see https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2019-June/057557.html

Hi Calvin,

On Tue, 04. Jun 2019 at 14:22:19 -0400, C Hamilton wrote:
> Why does the QGIS 3 OSGeo4W shell default to python 2 when QGIS is running
> python 3? I have had users get confused with this and it makes no sense to
> me. For that matter why is python 2 still a part of the QGIS 3
> application?

grass still required python2.

J├╝rgen

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3855

anything other needed to bring back winGRASS daily builds for testing
py3-winGRASS

-----
best regards
Helmut