[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi all,

At my new work place we are running a 2.x QGIS server  which in two projects behaves very strange: sometimes colors display in the color we expected, sometimes really light. Then my colleagues discovered that more than rules share the same UUID identifier, because the QGS files have been copy pasted into a anew project and then aggregated again into the same single project.

Not knowing about the internals of QGIS server 2x (and 3x) I wonder if this something we need to avoid? Are the UUID identifiers of a symbology rule relevant and absolutely need to be unique? Do we have to avoid such id clashes?

The "human readable" nature of qgs/qml files naturally seduce people to copy / paste and mix project stuff together in text editors ...

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

Andreas

Re: QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

Régis Haubourg
Hi Andreas,
Wow good catch finding the causes of such an issue!
I can't answer myself on the technical part.

The "human readable" nature of qgs/qml files naturally seduce people to copy / paste and mix project stuff together in text editors ...

Well, I don't quite agree here. Doing copy paste with our wml structure is not human, it's a proof that human can be very ingenious :) !  I wouldn't ever recommend that. I have just tried to play with git and diff for a long time with QGS project files, and I wouldn't ever recommand to do that. Replacing datasources is probably the only safe thing to do in this XML file.
I would just wait to see if we see that ever again before tackling this.
Best regards
Régis

Le mar. 11 juin 2019 à 18:28, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Andreas,

It's a known issue. It is not easy to understand because it's due to SHADOW layers...
Some times, QGIS keeps some undisplayed layers with the same UUID and stored it in the QGIS project.

You can use Layer Board plugin to remove them.

Regards,
René-Luc

Le 11/06/2019 à 18:28, Andreas Neumann a écrit :

[...]

Hi René-Luc,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that we are not the only ones struggling with such issues.

Is this known issue in QGIS 2.x only or also in QGIS 3.x?

I will also have a look at the Layer Board plugin and see what it does and how it could help us.

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

René-Luc Dhont
Hi Andreas,

We didn't yet find shadow layers in QGIS 3, but I don't think it has been fixed because it's a silent issue for desktop users.

Regards,
René-Luc

Le 12/06/2019 à 11:01, Andreas Neumann a écrit :

Hi René-Luc,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that we are not the only ones struggling with such issues.

Is this known issue in QGIS 2.x only or also in QGIS 3.x?

I will also have a look at the Layer Board plugin and see what it does and how it could help us.

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

pcav
Hi all,
We just found one in 3.4.8. unclear how it has been created.
Cheers.

On 2019-06-12 10:02, René-Luc Dhont wrote:

Hi Andreas,

[...]

Sorry for being short