Quantcast

[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 - No Margin on Dockable Dialog Boxes

[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 - No Margin on Dockable Dialog Boxes

C Hamilton
I recently completed the conversion of Lat Lon Tools to work with QGIS 3. It is in the plugin repo.

I noticed that my dockable dialog boxes seem to have no margin around them in comparison to QGIS 2. Was this intended? Do I need a margin or leave it as is?

Thanks,

Calvin

Re: QGIS 3 - No Margin on Dockable Dialog Boxes

Nyall Dawson
On 19 May 2017 at 00:37, C Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I recently completed the conversion of Lat Lon Tools to work with QGIS 3. It
> is in the plugin repo.
>
> I noticed that my dockable dialog boxes seem to have no margin around them
> in comparison to QGIS 2. Was this intended? Do I need a margin or leave it
> as is?

There's been no intentional changes here. It's likely one of the
slight styling differences resulting from Qt4->Qt5 transition.

Side note: If you're porting to QGIS 3 API, make sure you use
QgsDockWidget in place of QDockWidget to ensure consistent behavior
with the inbuilt docks.

Nyall

Re: QGIS 3 - No Margin on Dockable Dialog Boxes

C Hamilton
That may be the problem. I used a QDockWidget. I will switch it out for the QgsDockWidget.