[QGIS-Developer] MS SQL Support - versions?

[QGIS-Developer] MS SQL Support - versions?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

Is there information what versions of MS SQL-Server are supported by QGIS as a client?

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: MS SQL Support - versions?

Pedro Venâncio-2
Hi Andreas,

This driver implements support for access to spatial tables in Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ which contains the geometry and geography data types to represent the geometry columns.

Best regards,
Pedro

Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quinta, 6/02/2020 à(s) 16:10:

Hi,

Is there information what versions of MS SQL-Server are supported by QGIS as a client?

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: MS SQL Support - versions?

Alexander Bruy
Pedro,
QGIS provider uses QtSql (namely QODBC) to access MSSQL, so your link
is not relevant in this case.

Andreas,
not 100% sure, but you should be able to use any MSSQL version, just
need to install proper ODBC drivers
for it. On *nix systems, you will need a FreeTDS driver.

чт, 6 лют. 2020 о 18:21 Pedro Venâncio <[hidden email]> пише:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> From https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/mssqlspatial.html
>
> This driver implements support for access to spatial tables in Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ which contains the geometry and geography data types to represent the geometry columns.
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro
>

> Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quinta, 6/02/2020 à(s) 16:10:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there information what versions of MS SQL-Server are supported by QGIS as a client?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andreas

Alexander Bruy

Re: MS SQL Support - versions?

Pedro Venâncio-2
Oh, thanks Alexander, I thought it was using the gdal driver.

Best regards,
Pedro

Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quinta, 6/02/2020 à(s) 16:29:
Pedro,
QGIS provider uses QtSql (namely QODBC) to access MSSQL, so your link
is not relevant in this case.

Andreas,
not 100% sure, but you should be able to use any MSSQL version, just
need to install proper ODBC drivers
for it. On *nix systems, you will need a FreeTDS driver.

чт, 6 лют. 2020 о 18:21 Pedro Venâncio <[hidden email]> пише:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> From https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/mssqlspatial.html
>
> This driver implements support for access to spatial tables in Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ which contains the geometry and geography data types to represent the geometry columns.
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro
>

> Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quinta, 6/02/2020 à(s) 16:10:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there information what versions of MS SQL-Server are supported by QGIS as a client?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andreas

Alexander Bruy