[QGIS-Developer] How can I find the tickets that I reported?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[QGIS-Developer] How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

After the issue migration, I am trying to find my way around the new issue system. I have a very hard time finding stuff.

If I use the filter "your issues" - nothing shows up. But I sure had a number of open issues in the old system.

I would appreciate a bit of assistance here.

F.e. how can I find all the tickets that I reported myself?

Or is there some help/documentation available how to query the issues?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andreas


_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

Ah - I found out that I need to filter by "tickets mentioning you".

However, that also includes tickets that were not opened by myself, but someone cc-ed me - right?

Also - is it normal that all tickets that I reported by myself are now owned by qgib?

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2019-06-05 08:41, Andreas Neumann wrote:

Hi,

After the issue migration, I am trying to find my way around the new issue system. I have a very hard time finding stuff.

If I use the filter "your issues" - nothing shows up. But I sure had a number of open issues in the old system.

I would appreciate a bit of assistance here.

F.e. how can I find all the tickets that I reported myself?

Or is there some help/documentation available how to query the issues?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andreas


_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer



_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 08:46:22 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Ah - I found out that I need to filter by "tickets mentioning you".
 
> However, that also includes tickets that were not opened by myself, but
> someone cc-ed me - right?
 
> Also - is it normal that all tickets that I reported by myself are now
> owned by qgib?

Yes - qgib could not impersonate the reporter when creating the issues.

You can still go to redmine to find your tickets - and use the links from there
to go to the github version.

Looking for "Author Name: Andreas Neumann (@andreasneumann) Original"
produces 249 tickets - which matches the count on redmine.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

pcav
Hi all,
thanks for the hints. I really think we need an how-to, and possibly shortcuts for the common queries like this.
Cheers.

Il 5 giugno 2019 09:09:58 CEST, "Jürgen E. Fischer" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 08:46:22 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
Ah - I found out that I need to filter by "tickets mentioning you".

However, that also includes tickets that were not opened by myself, but
someone cc-ed me - right?

Also - is it normal that all tickets that I reported by myself are now
owned by qgib?

Yes - qgib could not impersonate the reporter when creating the issues.

You can still go to redmine to find your tickets - and use the links from there
to go to the github version.

Looking for "Author Name: Andreas Neumann (@andreasneumann) Original"
produces 249 tickets - which matches the count on redmine.


Jürgen

--
Sorry for being short
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Paolo,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 09:14:30 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> thanks for the hints. I really think we need an how-to, and possibly
> shortcuts for the common queries like this.

Come on - github is really easy ;)


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden              https://www.norbit.de

norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Andreas Neumann-4
In reply to this post by Jürgen E. Fischer

Hi all,

Thanks for your help and tips!

Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket from qgib back to myself?

Personally I just have to get used to the new issue system on github. Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system. And no - not everything is easy and self-explaining on github. I would say, because it is a really open system, that it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who never used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ). And I hope that the open nature of GitHub doesn't lead to a big mess. For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.

But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2019-06-05 09:09, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 08:46:22 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
Ah - I found out that I need to filter by "tickets mentioning you".
 
However, that also includes tickets that were not opened by myself, but
someone cc-ed me - right?
 
Also - is it normal that all tickets that I reported by myself are now
owned by qgib?

Yes - qgib could not impersonate the reporter when creating the issues.

You can still go to redmine to find your tickets - and use the links from there
to go to the github version.

Looking for "Author Name: Andreas Neumann (@andreasneumann) Original"
produces 249 tickets - which matches the count on redmine.


Jürgen



_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Sandro Santilli-4
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> from qgib back to myself?

Not from the UI, and not sure GitHub will allow this (would imply
rewriting history?).

> Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system.

Right, and all that time will be capitalized by GitHub as customers
retention (nobody likes to learn new things, so people would feel
more comfortable in staying there, rather than moving elsewhere).

> I would say, because it is a really open system

What do you mean here ?

> it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who never
> used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ).

Just for the record: Redmine also allowed OpenID login, and could have
easily allowed github login as well (plugins did exist).

> For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.

You mean commit logs linking back to tickes ?

> But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)

Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...

--strk;
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Nyall Dawson
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> > from qgib back to myself?
>
> Not from the UI, and not sure GitHub will allow this (would imply
> rewriting history?).
>
> > Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system.
>
> Right, and all that time will be capitalized by GitHub as customers
> retention (nobody likes to learn new things, so people would feel
> more comfortable in staying there, rather than moving elsewhere).
>
> > I would say, because it is a really open system
>
> What do you mean here ?
>
> > it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who never
> > used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ).
>
> Just for the record: Redmine also allowed OpenID login, and could have
> easily allowed github login as well (plugins did exist).
>
> > For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.
>
> You mean commit logs linking back to tickes ?
>
> > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
>
> Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...

And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
understated.

Nyall
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Alessandro Pasotti-2

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Nyall Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> > from qgib back to myself?
>
> Not from the UI, and not sure GitHub will allow this (would imply
> rewriting history?).
>
> > Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system.
>
> Right, and all that time will be capitalized by GitHub as customers
> retention (nobody likes to learn new things, so people would feel
> more comfortable in staying there, rather than moving elsewhere).
>
> > I would say, because it is a really open system
>
> What do you mean here ?
>
> > it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who never
> > used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ).
>
> Just for the record: Redmine also allowed OpenID login, and could have
> easily allowed github login as well (plugins did exist).
>
> > For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.
>
> You mean commit logs linking back to tickes ?
>
> > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
>
> Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...

And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
understated.


IMO now that's dockerized it should not be that hard to move to another CI infrastructure (not that I'm proposing that now).


--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Matthias Kuhn 🌍
On 6/5/19 10:26 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Nyall Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> > from qgib back to myself?
>
> Not from the UI, and not sure GitHub will allow this (would imply
> rewriting history?).
>
> > Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system.
>
> Right, and all that time will be capitalized by GitHub as customers
> retention (nobody likes to learn new things, so people would feel
> more comfortable in staying there, rather than moving elsewhere).
>
> > I would say, because it is a really open system
>
> What do you mean here ?
>
> > it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who never
> > used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ).
>
> Just for the record: Redmine also allowed OpenID login, and could have
> easily allowed github login as well (plugins did exist).
>
> > For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.
>
> You mean commit logs linking back to tickes ?
>
> > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
>
> Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...

And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
understated.


IMO now that's dockerized it should not be that hard to move to another CI infrastructure (not that I'm proposing that now).

I think Nyall was talking about more than the CI, there are many scripts and integrations running in the background on which we rely from day to day, not just the CI.

The hours to migrate them would be immense. And the hours lost by people because service X is no longer working although they had relied on it must also not be ignored. It's just outsourced costs in the end.

Matthias


--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Jürgen E. Fischer
In reply to this post by Andreas Neumann-4
Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 09:48:59 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> from qgib back to myself?

No, I don't you can claim other people's (or bot's ;)) work either.

 
> Personally I just have to get used to the new issue system on github. Of
> course, it takes some time to learn a new system. And no - not
> everything is easy and self-explaining on github. I would say, because
> it is a really open system, that it might even be harder to use than
> Redmine for new users who never used github before (except for the
> Mantra of course ;-) ).

Once again:  the mantra was not necessary for redmine - shortly after getting
osgeo ids was requiring the mantra, we enabled direct registration in redmine
available (and openid was available too).

And for the open nature of github: you cannot assign owners (see above) - and
you cannot integrate an external ticket system.

But you can use tons of other services, that make you more dependent on github
(like travis) ;)


> And I hope that the open nature of GitHub doesn't lead to a big mess. For
> developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.
>
> But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)

As if that ever would happen - but I was hoping the same for the redmine
migration - so you never know ;)


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

On 2019-06-05 11:59, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 09:48:59 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
from qgib back to myself?

No, I don't you can claim other people's (or bot's ;)) work either.
 
 
But hey - that stupid qgib bot claimed my work to be his work during the migration! And now he can't give it back to me?
 
Not a big issue. I can live with it. As long as the core developers have some benefit from the issue migration, then I'm fine.
 


 
Personally I just have to get used to the new issue system on github. Of
course, it takes some time to learn a new system. And no - not
everything is easy and self-explaining on github. I would say, because
it is a really open system, that it might even be harder to use than
Redmine for new users who never used github before (except for the
Mantra of course ;-) ).

Once again:  the mantra was not necessary for redmine - shortly after getting
osgeo ids was requiring the mantra, we enabled direct registration in redmine
available (and openid was available too).
 
 
 
you are right of course. And the Mantra is still required for plugin-authors. So nothing really improved by the move to Github regarding the Mantra.
 
 


And for the open nature of github: you cannot assign owners (see above) - and
you cannot integrate an external ticket system.
 
 
Sorry - I wasn't very clear what I meant with "open nature" of GitHub: i mean the "open" (unstructured) way of categorizing issues in Github. Labels being the only way of structuring anything in the issues, whereas we had versions, code areas, state, feature vs bug and more in Redmine. If people don't use the label system consciously we quickly end up with a big mess. That is my concern.
 
 

But you can use tons of other services, that make you more dependent on github
(like travis) ;)


And I hope that the open nature of GitHub doesn't lead to a big mess. For
developers, the github integration is definitely very nice though.

But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)

As if that ever would happen - but I was hoping the same for the redmine
migration - so you never know ;)
 
 
 
Who knows ...
 
Andreas

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Nyall Dawson
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 20:16, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> On 2019-06-05 11:59, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, 05. Jun 2019 at 09:48:59 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
> Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the migrated ticket
> from qgib back to myself?
>
>
> No, I don't you can claim other people's (or bot's ;)) work either.
>
>
>
> But hey - that stupid qgib bot claimed my work to be his work during the migration! And now he can't give it back to me?
>
> Not a big issue. I can live with it. As long as the core developers have some benefit from the issue migration, then I'm fine.

Well, I for one and finding it much easier to use.

Nyall
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Sandro Santilli-4
In reply to this post by Alessandro Pasotti-2
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 10:26:21AM +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Nyall Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > >
> > > > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
> > >
> > > Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...
> >
> > And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
> > and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
> > understated.
>
> IMO now that's dockerized it should not be that hard to move to another CI
> infrastructure (not that I'm proposing that now).

For the record, https://dronie.osgeo.org (login with OSGeo credentials)
is already docker-based, and is currently used by both GEOS and PostGIS.
See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/commits/branch/svn-trunk
and https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/geos/geos/commits/branch/master for
examples (those green-or-red tiny icons near each commit).

NOTE that an externally hosted instance of Drone (the open source software
used for https://dronie.osgeo.org) can be pointed to github.com for
getting used to it. See examples of that here:
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/403
In the case above, the _same_ CI configuration is read by both the
OSGeo hosted instance (building PRs opened on https://git.osgeo.org)
_and_ by the externally hosted instance (building PRs opened on github)

--strk;
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Nyall Dawson
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 20:57, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 10:26:21AM +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Nyall Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > > On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to Gitlab ;-)
> > > >
> > > > Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...
> > >
> > > And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
> > > and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
> > > understated.
> >
> > IMO now that's dockerized it should not be that hard to move to another CI
> > infrastructure (not that I'm proposing that now).
>
> For the record, https://dronie.osgeo.org (login with OSGeo credentials)
> is already docker-based, and is currently used by both GEOS and PostGIS.
> See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/commits/branch/svn-trunk
> and https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/geos/geos/commits/branch/master for
> examples (those green-or-red tiny icons near each commit).
>
> NOTE that an externally hosted instance of Drone (the open source software
> used for https://dronie.osgeo.org) can be pointed to github.com for
> getting used to it. See examples of that here:
> https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/403
> In the case above, the _same_ CI configuration is read by both the
> OSGeo hosted instance (building PRs opened on https://git.osgeo.org)
> _and_ by the externally hosted instance (building PRs opened on github)

Careful Sandro, that almost sounds like you're volunteering to do this now! ;)

Nyall
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Tom Chadwin
Hello all

We all know that migrating to Github was a big decision. We know there were
significant pros and cons, and that various core devs strongly disagreed
with the decision. A clearer case of pragmatism versus idealism is not easy
to find...

However, the decision *was* made. Can we all now concentrate our efforts on
helping each other get used to the new environment, rather than
accusing/defending Redmine, or raking over the arguments about proprietary
services?

I say this with all due respect. I very much see both sides on this one. But
the decision has been made.

Thanks

Tom



-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html
_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Tom,

On Fri, 07. Jun 2019 at 02:23:34 -0700, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> We all know that migrating to Github was a big decision. We know there were
> significant pros and cons, and that various core devs strongly disagreed with
> the decision. A clearer case of pragmatism versus idealism is not easy to
> find...

Where you see pragmatism and idealism is not obvious to me - nor why it's one
or the other.

github's ticket system is better integrated into github for sure, but whether
it's the better ticket system still needs to be proven.  And if it isn't, we
cannot integrated anything better - even if we wanted.  Still a lot of work was
invested to migrate from a ticket system, that was also working.

If you think the migration to github is pragmatic and sticking with the
previous working solution would have been "just" idealistic - which would be my
interpretation - then I disagree.

It's true: the decision has been taken and the migration has been done.  We
have to live it whether we like it or not - and maybe those who don't like it,
will learn to - we'll see.

There were pros and cons and even different opinions on what's what.  The
easiest way to end this discussion is to stop adding fuel to the fire by
unnecessarily reiterating still disputable or wrong arguments (eg. mantra,
pragmatism versus idealism).


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

_______________________________________________
QGIS-Developer mailing list
[hidden email]
List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment