[QGIS-Developer] Current crowd-funding initiatives

[QGIS-Developer] Current crowd-funding initiatives

Andreas Neumann-4
Hi,

I am trying to do a bit of promotion of the current crowd-funding
initiatives at blog.qgis.org and the Swiss QGIS user group.

I know about four current initiatives:

- QGIS Print Layouts Graphs and Charts Campaign (North-Road/Faunalia).
See https://north-road.com/qgis-data-plotly-campaign/

- GeoPDF export support (North-Road on initiative of Land Vorarlberg).
No public information yet, but already financed about 80%.

- SLYR: the ESRI LYR and MXD to QGIS converter (North-Road). See
https://north-road.com/slyr/

- Selective Masking Symbol Layers behind Labels and Symbols. See
http://qgis.oslandia.com/en/offre-qgis/selective-masking/

Do you know any additional initiatives that I should mention?

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: Current crowd-funding initiatives

Nyall Dawson
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 06:49, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do a bit of promotion of the current crowd-funding
> initiatives at blog.qgis.org and the Swiss QGIS user group.
>
> I know about four current initiatives:
>
> - QGIS Print Layouts Graphs and Charts Campaign (North-Road/Faunalia).
> See https://north-road.com/qgis-data-plotly-campaign/
>
> - GeoPDF export support (North-Road on initiative of Land Vorarlberg).
> No public information yet, but already financed about 80%.
>
> - SLYR: the ESRI LYR and MXD to QGIS converter (North-Road). See
> https://north-road.com/slyr/
>
> - Selective Masking Symbol Layers behind Labels and Symbols. See
> http://qgis.oslandia.com/en/offre-qgis/selective-masking/
>
> Do you know any additional initiatives that I should mention?

It's not current yet, but in a couple of months we'll be launching a
"pick list" of Processing Model ETL improvements. This won't be a
traditional crowd funding campaign, but rather a set of individually
priced, atomic improvements to Processing/Graphical Modeler which
brings it closer to parity with FME/other ETL tools. Prices for each
individual item will range from 30EU -> 500EU, and we'll be asking
sponsors to entirely fund each item in entirety. Think of it like an
"à la carte" menu of improvements for models!

Nyall